Please Please Please Remove Building Entrance Requirement!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
NickHorrific
level0

Please Please Please Remove Building Entrance Requirement!

Postby NickHorrific » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:34 pm

When building a huge floor plan after careful consideration or even having lots of money and just going balls to the wall, the "requires entrance" will sometimes make or break my game experience. If the building would just build itself when its done and then and entrance can be added after, then the experience would be so much better. I have noticed a few bugs here and there but nothing major and nothing to keep me from enjoying the game. However, when i constantly can't build a building because the 10 doors i've added won't register as an entrance, i've wasted so much money and in some cases had a lot of escapes due to a building not finishing in the time it should have and me scrambling to block in the mistakes. So my one request is to please, please, please, remove the requires entrance portion of the building. That being said, alpha 19 has been the best ever, so many issues fixed and so many more levels of play added, I truly appreciate your loyalty to your fans and your ability to create an amazing game!
xander
level5
level5

Re: Please Please Please Remove Building Entrance Requiremen

Postby xander » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:25 pm

the Prison Architect Developer Forum (or, at the very least, the Prison Architect General Forum---definitely not the Lounge). Please read this topic on how to post a suggestion or question, and please try to search the forum before you post. It is likely that someone else has already had your idea, and it would be better to respond to an older post than to create a new topic.

All of that being said, the bug is most emphatically not the requirement for an entrance, but the manner in which this is being checked in code---it makes sense to require an entrance, as otherwise it would be fairly easy to trap units in a building as it is being built or to render areas inaccessible (this is still possible, but mitigated somewhat by the requirement). I would also suggest that if your prisoners are escaping while you are doing very large buildouts, you are are doing something wrong. Use fences (which are free) to keep prisoners where you want them, and plan buildings so that walls don't get demolished when a new section goes up (i.e. don't overlap new foundations with old ones; simply allow them to abut each other). If you pay even a little bit of attention to what you are doing, it is not difficult to plan ahead and prevent these kinds of problems.

Thank you.

xander

Return to “Introversion Lounge”