ShiftOS - Introversions Next Game?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
12padams
level0

ShiftOS - Introversions Next Game?

Postby 12padams » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:34 am

So... I heard that Introversion Software is going back to their roots in the computer simulation genre by releasing a game called "ShiftOS" next year. Here's some leaked info:

"A mysterious hacker named "DevX" hijacks your computer with the intention of using it as a remote test bed for his experimental operating system. After unwillingly having your hard drive wiped you become an involuntary beta tester for ShiftOS."

Lol, Just kidding. ShiftOS is just a game I am developing but I would be more than happy to develop the game for introversion software if they paid me $500 per week for my full time work and dedication to it. Introversion Software would then totally own ShiftOS, be able to sell it at whatever price they wanted and earn profit from it. If you think about it they could charge people $10 for ShiftOS early access along with access to the full version once it is released. If they paid me $26,000 for a year of developing ShiftOS that means at least 2,600 people would need to buy ShiftOS for Introversion software to make a profit.

For those interested ShiftOS is a game where you are thrown into an experimental operating system. It is your job to evolve it from a text-based, black and white command line driven operating system to a fully functional colorful graphical operating system filled with heaps of interesting software and games. Gameplay is non-linear and you choose exactly how to upgrade your operating system by spending the codepoints you earn completing various tasks. Later you even get to draw your own skins and apply them in-game. The game will feature in-game websites to buy or pirate software. There will be in-game viruses as well to ensure you make moral choices... There may even be a bit of in-game hacking especially with an in-game digital currency called "Bitnote" (similar to bitcoin in real life).

With so many in-game characters including hackers, ShiftOS users, the ShiftOS developer (DevX) and an AI living within ShiftOS planning to take over the world this game could be huge! If you were Introversion Software would you want hire someone like me to cheaply work on your next game for you to release to the world? Do you like the idea of ShiftOS? Would you buy ShiftOS if it was available on Steam for say... $10?

I'm being serious here to. If Introversion software says yes then I'll quit my job and fully devote my time to this game for them. Unless someone else hires me first...

A very early tech demo (not actual proper gameplay) is available from the following website: 12padams.wix.com/shiftos
It is not very fun though as the only way to earn codepoints is by testing your knowledge in "Knowledge Input" due to this simply being a game environment test rather than a game at this stage.
xander
level5
level5

Re: ShiftOS - Introversions Next Game?

Postby xander » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:58 pm

12padams, I appreciate that in IV's early history, they spammed other fora in order to get the word out about Uplink, and your posting of spam here is in line with that history. However, in the future, could you please refrain from the outright lying? I think that you would get a lot more traction here by introducing yourself and your game in a straightforward manner, without the silly marketing gimmicks and tricks to make people think that you are associated with IV. You should also note that IV probably don't make a lot of hires out of the one-post-wonders on the boards.

xander
12padams
level0

Postby 12padams » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:12 am

Note that I wasn't purposely using marketing gimmicks or anything... I know nothing about business. I'm actually just a childcare worker who isn't even 20 yet. Just trying to develop my dream game and make a living out of it... childcare is very unrewarding and brings no joy sadly.
Last edited by 12padams on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:51 am

12padams wrote:Heh, I'm a little embarrassed. Can you delete this topic before anyone else sees it?

Note that I wasn't purposely using marketing gimmicks or anything... I know nothing about business. I'm actually just a childcare worker who isn't even 20 yet. Just trying to develop my dream game and make a living out of it... childcare is very unrewarding and brings no joy sadly.

You can delete your own posts.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:24 am

If someone else posts a response, then the user becomes restricted from deleting their own post.

Of course, the user is still allowed to edit their post and could remove the text.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”