LOL, who's still waiting for PA?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
qamca^
level0

LOL, who's still waiting for PA?

Postby qamca^ » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Ok, so release date will be 2 years overdue soon (!!!), while introversion already grabbed +$8M... There are ripoffs with faster development out there...
:)
So other than people who donated their money, is anyone naive enough to still be waiting for this gem to come out?
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Re: LOL, who's still waiting for PA?

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Yep, for better and 100% quality game that developers want, the game will be fully released in 2 years.

I am somewhat playing it.Cos of more than 6 security personel reacting to 1 fighting prisoner is too funny and enjoying...I am using alpha14 without the interim update. Interim ruined the a.i reaction..again.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:04 pm

I am an active contributor to the developer wiki, so yes I am patiently waiting for this game's release.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:12 am

RGeezy911 wrote:I am an active contributor to the developer wiki, so yes I am patiently waiting for this game's release.

Do you mean alpha release or?
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:09 am

qamca^ wrote:Ok, so release date will be 2 years overdue soon (!!!), while introversion already grabbed +$8M... There are ripoffs with faster development out there...
:)
So other than people who donated their money, is anyone naive enough to still be waiting for this gem to come out?

Has nothing to do with being naive. Introversion is not a major software company that can pump out games in a matter of months. Introversion is basically just Chris Delay (programmer) and Mark Morris (marketing) and a few freelancers. I'd like to see you program a finished game on the level of Prison Architect in less time all by yourself before you start complaining.

Also, what gave you the idea that PA will be 2 years overdue "soon"? Just as a reminder, the first Alpha was released on september 25, 2012. And they implicitly said that the Alpha would take a very long time back then, so the word "overdue" isn't correct either.

Lastly, this game has seen constant updates every month since the first Alpha and even a few hotfixes in between every now and then; the only exception to that being last month because Chris and his wife were having a baby. Call me a fanboy if you will, but I think he more than deserved a break from work to tend to his family.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”