Airflow through PC

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
knoest26
level5
level5

Airflow through PC

Postby knoest26 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:59 pm

About 2 months ago a had a friend select parts for a custom PC, ordered them and I now have a pretty quick PC.

I have 2 fans at the front, 1 at the back and 2 on the top. All of those are facing the inside suppling cool air to my motherboard but I was thinking, wouldn't it make sense to turn the 2 at the top around so you create an airflow over the components and then out of the PC instead of forcing a lot of air.

Now I don't know much about it and whether or not this even makes sense so my question to you guys is: Would it work better the they are now?
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Re: Airflow through PC

Postby MAdMaN » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:00 pm

You want air being pulled in at the front and expelled at the back and top.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:02 pm

Right then, let's reverse the fans
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:17 am

MAdMaN wrote:You want air being pulled in at the front and expelled at the back and top.

depending on you situation. yeah this. tho it changes depending on your case setup. if you PC is on carpet, you would probably go with a positive air positive setup, so that stuff isn't constantly being sucked into your case thought every nook and cranny. Negative air pressure is just as useful in other situations, where maybe you cant get a good flow thought the case, you can just suck as as much as you can thought the top and back, so clean, cool air gets sucked in where it can.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”