Chrono X!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Chrono X!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Jordy... » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:22 am

Speculation time, some of the old ones here might remember IV announcing (well sort of anyway) a game r project called something like chronometer X or whatever. It was back in the day they were expanding like crazy and lost there touch with the ground. What I am interesting in though, is that back then they said, it was something REALLY special and amazing and they were really exciting about it, I think it must have been a big project because they had outside investors or something, but what stuck with me, is that they said this was REALLY SOMETHING SPECIAL!!! Even more special then Subversion.. which ofc wasn't special at all but it was kinda there flagship game for there entire existence..

So what I am wondering now, since PA is doing so well and IV is making a lot of money. And knowing Chris doesn't want to work on PA FOREVER (please mark DO NOT enslave this poor soul in order to keep making MORE money of PA-clones and DLC...) what are the chances they might revisit that project?! They've got the finances presumably, sooo.. yea I am really curious what the fuss they made back then was about..
Cuz fuck logic
Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:01 am

Yes I remember this also. Chris did say on the Iv twitter that he is going to be working on Pa "FOREVER" though.

Quite sad so much talent going to waste :P

I am glad its stacking fat cash for Iv though! make it rain gangstas
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:44 am

As far as I know, they never said that they intended to abandon Chronometer, so "revisiting the idea" is not really necessary. PA only comes first and it's a lot of gamecode. When they finally finish it, they might do another "filler-game" first but I'm quite certain that Chronometer will eventually be done.

Also, IV has NEVER had any paid DLC, even thinking about it is blasphemy ;)
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:07 am

Well, they had some deal with another party regarding the game and they needed a lot of funding, also it was in a time they were a big company, so I'm pretty sure the game went of the road-map for them. But let's hope they DO make it eventually!

Also Mark said he would LOVE to do different themes with PA or DLC eventually in an interview, he has seen the money rolling in with this Alpha, but I Chris we trust :).
Cuz fuck logic
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Yes, some details of at least what it is would be nice...better to have loved and lost then never loved at all?
Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:25 am

If I buy Iv offices some Gaza tunnel shipped Kfc would you guys release some details?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:26 am

What the hell are you on...
Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:28 am

Chris wrote:
It’s one of our more recent ideas, and was first written down during Defcon’s beta phase. I specifically remember the moment I explained it to Mark – in a KFC in London of all places, and he just stopped and stared at me while I was speaking. He genuinely couldn’t continue eating. By the time I’d finished I went back to my food and Mark just sat there silent for a few minutes before uttering “fuck me”, slowly shaking his head in disbelief.

Gaza tunnel kfc is the best kfc. Image Also mushrooms* :D
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Mark just sat there silent for a few minutes before uttering “fuck me”, slowly shaking his head in disbelief.

This really is tantilizing, I cannot imagine they will shelf it forever..
Cuz fuck logic

Return to “Introversion Lounge”