Bitcoin to buy IV games

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:28 am

Cake wins.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:45 pm

But today, today is a day for pi.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:51 pm

It's also steak and blowjob day also.

It's a good day.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
HostFat
level1
level1

Postby HostFat » Fri May 10, 2013 12:24 am

You should give a look a the actual Humble Bundle :lol:
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri May 10, 2013 12:38 am

Well, that's silly of them. Might as well have asked for Magic cards.
HostFat
level1
level1

Postby HostFat » Fri May 10, 2013 12:41 am

You should open your mind, and look deeper how all the thing works ;)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri May 10, 2013 12:51 am

Cyprus' economy crashes and burns, Bitcoin experiences (yet another) bubble. I go "Huh" and continue not to be impressed.

It's exactly as shallow as this: New people go "Oh wow! This is a thing!", price skyrockets, price freefalls, price levels out slightly higher than previously, if you ignore the persistent albeit gradual decline.
HostFat
level1
level1

Postby HostFat » Fri May 10, 2013 12:54 am

I feel sorry for you :(
I think that you are behind a Bell Jar ...
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri May 10, 2013 10:25 am

HostFat wrote:You should open your mind, and look deeper how all the thing works ;)
We did that. Conclusions:
The real value of bitcoin is tied to the number of silly people who have not heard about it yet. That can practically only go down over time.
The market value of bitcoin is tied to the number of silly people who have heard about it this week. That fluctuates, making it bad for actual business.
There is a chance things will stabilize when the number of silly people hearing about bitcoin for the first time approaches the birth rate of silly people, provided it does not sink into obscurity.

Silly people = people smart enough to understand what bitcoins are and how to use them and deciding to do so anyway.
HostFat
level1
level1

Postby HostFat » Fri May 10, 2013 10:50 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:We did that.
You did NOT ;)
Humble Bundle is receiving dollars and NOT Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a currency AND a payment system.
You are free to use it as you prefer.

The good thing of Bitcoin as payment system is that you can receive money from all the world, wherever an Internet connection is available.
There are then some services like coinbase.com/bitpay.com and others that convert them instantanly in USD/EUR/GPB/...
So you won't have to worry about volatility.

This is what I mean with "look deeper" ;)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri May 10, 2013 11:39 am

HostFat wrote:
You did NOT ;)
What's your point?

The good thing of Bitcoin as payment system is that you can receive money from all the world, wherever an Internet connection is available.
I have a debit card. It does exactly the same thing. Additionally, when identity theft occurs, I'm not liable for any payments. When a Bitcoin is stolen, it's nigh impossible to get it back.

You are literally telling me that the good thing about Bitcoin is nothing particularly special. Looking deeper, as you so often smugly suggest, tells me it's worse than that.

There are then some services like coinbase.com/bitpay.com and others that convert them instantanly in USD/EUR/GPB/...

You're lying.
coinbase.com wrote:2. Now you can buy or sell bitcoins, and the USD amount will be debited or credited to your bank within four business days.

bitpay.com wrote:If you choose to have bitcoins converted to your local currency, BitPay will convert the funds and send a direct deposit to your bank account every business day to clear out your accumulated balance.
HostFat
level1
level1

Postby HostFat » Fri May 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:
HostFat wrote:
You did NOT ;)
What's your point?
I'm saying that the volatility isn't a problem as you say.

Mas Tnega wrote:
I have a debit card. It does exactly the same thing. Additionally, when identity theft occurs, I'm not liable for any payments. When a Bitcoin is stolen, it's nigh impossible to get it back.

Credit Card / Debit Card / Paypal and many other services are available EVERYWHERE in the world wherever an Internet connection is available.
It isn't a problem of the seller how and why the customer is paying in Bitcoin, moreover if he is receiving dollars/euro.

Mas Tnega wrote:

You're lying.
coinbase.com wrote:2. Now you can buy or sell bitcoins, and the USD amount will be debited or credited to your bank within four business days.

bitpay.com wrote:If you choose to have bitcoins converted to your local currency, BitPay will convert the funds and send a direct deposit to your bank account every business day to clear out your accumulated balance.
No I'm not.
I didn't say that you receive instantly the payment, I said that Bitcoin are "converted" instantly, so you will get the euro/dollar accordly with the Bitcoin price at the time of the purchase.

Coinbase/Bitpay aren't two shady companies ;)
You will have to sign a contract/agreement to them as you do with Paypal (example)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri May 10, 2013 1:09 pm

HostFat wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:
HostFat wrote:
You did NOT ;)
What's your point?
I'm saying that the volatility isn't a problem as you say.
Except for the part where the actual amount they get is apt to change wildly by the day.

Mas Tnega wrote:

Credit Card / Debit Card / Paypal and many other services are available EVERYWHERE in the world wherever an Internet connection is available.
It isn't a problem of the seller how and why the customer is paying in Bitcoin, moreover if he is receiving dollars/euro.
Congratulations, you just repeated half of what I just said.

Mas Tnega wrote:

You're lying.

No I'm not.
I didn't say that you receive instantly the payment, I said that Bitcoin are "converted" instantly, so you will get the euro/dollar accordly with the Bitcoin price at the time of the purchase.
Consider better your choice of words in future; that's not what I think when you say "Instantly exchange one currency for another". Also, so what?

Coinbase/Bitpay aren't two shady companies ;)
You will have to sign a contract/agreement to them as you do with Paypal (example)
I didn't say they were, just that what they say didn't match at all with how I took your sentence to mean. Thanks for lumping them together with a shady company yourself, regardless.
HostFat
level1
level1

Postby HostFat » Fri May 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:Except for the part where the actual amount they get is apt to change wildly by the day.
It doesn't :roll: They are exchanged instantly.
It's like talking with a wall.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri May 10, 2013 1:19 pm

And at difference instances, it is worth a different amount. Doing it instantly doesn't mean shit if it's not all done simultaneously.

You can't price something in Bitcoins because of the insane changes it experiences.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”