gamer

The forum with all your Introversion News!
martinmir
level2
level2

gamer

Postby martinmir » Fri May 22, 2009 3:15 pm

Introversion would like to announce the start of the IV Gamerthon. On every last Saturday of each month, we will switch on dedicated servers for you to compete in what we hope will become a popular tournament fixture at Introversion.

The first IV Gamerthon starts on Saturday 30th May (GMT) and you will need to have a copy of the games in order to compete.

Our dedicated server will remain live for a 24-hour slot from 12pm to 12pm (GMT), giving you ample time to compete in both Multiwinia and DEFCON tournaments.

An IV Gamerthon website will present the results for this month’s tournament. The main leader-board will be refreshed each month to show the new month’s winners. The old scores of each month’s IV Gamerthon will be archived for public viewing on the new site.

This month’s prize is an IV team signed edition of DEFCON and Multiwinia for the 1st place winners of each competition. Each winner will also receive a limited edition Multiwinia art book. The winners will be contacted after the IV Gamerthon and the prizes will be delivered to them.

IV Gamerthon set-up and rules:

DEFCON
A standard game mode in DEFCON will be hosted and the top 3 highest scores from your total games played will count towards your overall score.

A one table will be counted for 1v1 games and one for 6 player games; no other DEFCON game size will be valid to count towards the overall score.

Multiwinia
Game mode: King of the Hill - Points per zone per second. Again the top 3 highest scores gained out of the total games played will count towards your total score. Games with CPU players at the start of the match do not count.

The maps that will count are as follows:
The Eternal Guardians
The Bitter Front
Field of Unending Dawn

A desync invalidates a Multiwinia game, and a non-recoverable desync in DEFCON invalidates the game. If the opponent drops out before DEFCON 4 then the game is to be restarted, if a player drops out of a Multiwinia game then the CPU will stand in for them unless BOTH parties agree to a rematch.

Introversion reserve the right to modify these rules between the Gamerthon’s in order to eliminate issues and scoring problems.

Stay posted to the Introversion news and lounge for updates and discussions on the IV Gamerthon.

Good luck to all.

Disclaimer: RSI is common these days, so please don’t forget to stretch your fingers before you compete!
Last edited by martinmir on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri May 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Too bad it's on Saturdays. Of course, this means others will have a shot in Defcon. :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Fri May 22, 2009 6:07 pm

Nice, the day after my last exam. I'd love to get back into DEFCON, I haven't really played it for a long time and chances are everybody that plays regularly these days would smash me into tiny pieces, but it was brilliant fun playing with friends.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri May 22, 2009 8:10 pm

If i understood correctly i should play both games for an ipotetical mine participation on IV Gamerthon. Not? i believe couldnt participate at the only defcon part of it..

When and where there will be also an italian version of Multiwinia (and Darwinia too) in cd-rom to shop? I say that cause i'll never shop by credit card on internet.. I could pay regularly for a defcon key only when i find it in an italian shop.

edit: really i don't need an italian version of them, but the chance of buying them in a shop.. :)
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri May 22, 2009 9:08 pm

Zorotama wrote:If i understood correctly i should play both games for an ipotetical mine participation on IV Gamerthon. Not? i believe couldnt participate at the only defcon part of it..

You can participate in any of the competitions separately. No need to play both games.
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Sat May 23, 2009 12:14 am

Sounds good! :D

When you say GMT, do you mean BST?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat May 23, 2009 12:14 am

BullShit Time? No, I don't think so...
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Sat May 23, 2009 1:20 am

So you will need to play three Defcon matches in one 24 hour period to contest?
Pwnbroker
level2
level2

Postby Pwnbroker » Sat May 23, 2009 7:13 am

Indeed. The top three scores are counted. So clear all your Saturdays...nope. Try Sundays guys. You'll get a much better turnout. Many of us play Defcon in lieu of attending religious services. Three games in a 24 hour period is certainly too many. That's 4.5-12 hours of play, accounting for Bor variable.

Some of the IV staff might think about playing as well. You could attract some old school defcon masters if your heads were on the block.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sat May 23, 2009 8:48 am

Zorotama wrote:If i understood correctly i should play both games for an ipotetical mine participation on IV Gamerthon. Not? i believe couldnt participate at the only defcon part of it..

When and where there will be also an italian version of Multiwinia (and Darwinia too) in cd-rom to shop? I say that cause i'll never shop by credit card on internet.. I could pay regularly for a defcon key only when i find it in an italian shop.

edit: really i don't need an italian version of them, but the chance of buying them in a shop.. :)

I would wager never. The Italian gaming market is rather small.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Sat May 23, 2009 10:04 pm

NeatNit wrote:BullShit Time? No, I don't think so...

I only ask because lots of online things in Britain tend to advertise xxxxGMT when they mean BST, and some people are confused either way.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun May 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Isn't it that GMT=BST?

Edit: Oh, but it's only 1 hour difference...
Last edited by NeatNit on Sun May 24, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sun May 24, 2009 12:06 pm

BST=GMT+1

GMT is fixed all year round while BST is British Summer Time and is (like any summer time) shifted 1 hour forward.

Return to “Introversion News”