DEFCON Soundtrack released on iTunes

The forum with all your Introversion News!
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:32 am

Hold the Windows(super) key and press R to bring up the Run dialog. Now, type "charmap" and away you go ;)
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:02 am

Pox wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:
shinygerbil wrote:≠ = !=

edit: in fact, you can even say ≠ ≡ !=

Not quite. In some instances != doesn't produce the required result. In those instances you use <> :)

NeoThermic

...or you clobber BASIC over the head with a large mallet.

Actually, that comes right from SQL. There are some instances where "!=" in SQL is incorrect.

NeoThermic
TimNikias
level0

Track 8?

Postby TimNikias » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:10 pm

A quick question: I've just bought the Defcon-Soundtrack from iTunes, however, Track 8 seems to just stop at 9:33. I know, that's what it says in iTunes, but it sounds CUT OFF. Some vocals are just about to go back into the theme they've been "vocalizing" during that track and BAMM it ends. Just mid-note, or however you might want to call it.

Is that intended, or a broken track? It says 9:33 in iTunes, so either the source is faulty already, or that's the way it's supposed to be. I'd like to know. :-)

Regards,
Tim
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:30 am

NeoThermic wrote:
Pox wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:
shinygerbil wrote:≠ = !=

edit: in fact, you can even say ≠ ≡ !=

Not quite. In some instances != doesn't produce the required result. In those instances you use <> :)

NeoThermic

...or you clobber BASIC over the head with a large mallet.

Actually, that comes right from SQL. There are some instances where "!=" in SQL is incorrect.

NeoThermic

Really? I've always used != in SQL not knowing there was alternative... I should check out the difference.
KingAl
level5
level5

Re: Track 8?

Postby KingAl » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:43 am

TimNikias wrote:A quick question: I've just bought the Defcon-Soundtrack from iTunes, however, Track 8 seems to just stop at 9:33. I know, that's what it says in iTunes, but it sounds CUT OFF. Some vocals are just about to go back into the theme they've been "vocalizing" during that track and BAMM it ends. Just mid-note, or however you might want to call it.

Is that intended, or a broken track? It says 9:33 in iTunes, so either the source is faulty already, or that's the way it's supposed to be. I'd like to know. :-)

Regards,
Tim

Yeah, damn, I was listening to "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" the other day and it did the same thing - damn you iTunes!
Which is to say, I think it's intended given it's the track length cited in the store.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
TimNikias
level0

Postby TimNikias » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:56 pm

Or the tracks sent to iTunes were already faulty, which is why they're chopped off and just showing up as 9:33 when they should be something like 10:20 or something... I'd just like to get an "official" statement to this, cause its kinda strange to be buying a track which ends midsentence. ;-)

Regards,
Tim
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Well, many tracks on many albums end abruptly at an unexpected time as a stylistic device, which was my point. It's possible that it's in error, but it doesn't seem likely to me - which is not to rule it out entirely.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch

Return to “Introversion News”