Darwinia Vista Patch launched

The forum with all your Introversion News!
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:50 pm

I do a fresh install of Darwinia, install the new Vista patch. The Disc is in the drive. Start the game up. Fix my settings. Click "Garden" and then I have to do something else real quick so I close it for the time being.

But it says I only have the demo version? I have to wait for it to close and it asks me to buy now. Why? I already bought it.

I thought some registry settings could have affected it from where I last had it installed, but I found nothing wrong.

What gives?
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:09 pm

For answer see Vista Patch Issue?
The Ultimate Uplink Guide (for any question on Uplink)
Latest Uplink Patch
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:39 pm

estel wrote:Yes. But the patch still isn't available for non-Steam users; i.e. the majority of people on these forums.

Does steam detect the OS and download the files specific to that OS? Otherwise, I don't see why there would be a difference between the Steam version and the regular version.

wwarnick
ShunterAlhena
level1
level1

Postby ShunterAlhena » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:08 pm

Question One: New Levels
I remember reading that there'll be a few new levels in Darwinia Vista patch. I finished the game in January, way before the patch, but due to some glitch the Biosphere level was reset (and all those magnificient battles that I fought therefore never happened. Or do the souls of the countless Darwinian soldiers who fought and were killed there remember, and if any of them is revived he'll be fighting for the once-conquered Biosphere again? So Darwinia has alternate realities? Fiction matter.), so the game thinks it's not yet completed. I don't see any new levels (except the Prologue), do they become available only after Biosphere is beaten?

Question Two: Game Explorer
"Old" Darwinia version used to integrate into Vista Game Explorer. Now when going straight to 1.5.11, this one doesn't. A minor point, but inelegant - any tips?
"Look at you hacker
a petty creature of meat and bone
hunting and sweating as you run through my corridors...
How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"
SHODAN, System Shock
best game ever out of Darwinia :)
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:05 am

I'm not sure about the new levels but Darwinia is still in my Vista Game Explorer. Did you upgrade from the official Vista Darwinia or did you upgrade from the 1.42 patch?

I just uninstalled my old Darwinia and removed all traces from my computer of it and then reinstalled it from the disc and immediately patched it, shows up in my Vista Game Explorer just fine.
ShunterAlhena
level1
level1

Postby ShunterAlhena » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:29 am

This is a new Vista installation that has never been touched by Darwinia before. What I've done is install from the CD, patch to 1.5 straight away and THEN run the game.
Anyway, the Games Explorer is a relatively minor point... Thanks for your reply! :)
"Look at you hacker

a petty creature of meat and bone

hunting and sweating as you run through my corridors...

How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"

SHODAN, System Shock

best game ever out of Darwinia :)
samji
level0

thank you!!

Postby samji » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:57 am

its a long story but... i have come to my cousins house ibn scotland, yesterday he said the game didn't work, i am on his computer this morning, he is still asleep. I am fixing it for him as i type and so he will be thrilled when he wakes up and can play on the game. so THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:26 am

What is it with new users and bumping really aged topics.....seriously guys. Check the date before you post.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:00 am

To me, they're all spambots.
(This one looks half like a human. Signs it's a spambot: generic text that could fit all 'patch released' topics. Note it doesn't mention Darwinia or Vista explicitly. Signs it's a human: the text doesn't appear anywhere else according to google. At least not yet.)

Return to “Introversion News”