Eurogamer interviews Chris

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Eurogamer interviews Chris

Postby Chris » Sun May 27, 2007 1:48 pm

Kieron Gillen has conducted a particularly good interview with Chris (that would be me) for Eurogamer.
Click here to read it.

Over three pages we discuss Defcon's success, upcoming games Subversion and Multiwinia, and Introversion's use of procedural content. Here's a nice quote:

Eurogamer: One of the areas you're experimenting in is using a mass of procedurally generated content in Subversion? Could you talk about what excites you about it and why it's so important for a smaller developer like Introversion?

Chris Delay: I've recently been playing (and enjoying immensely) Gears of War. It's an excellent example of the "Blockbuster" model of game development - this game took a team of thirty people five years and cost Ten Million Dollars to develop. I consumed it in about six hours, the first four of which I enjoyed immensely. The "Blockbuster" model of game development typically involves extremely high budgets, lots and lots of custom made content (levels, textures, cutscenes), and virtually no replayability. It tends to result in extremely high quality graphics and production values, and in the best cases (Gears, Half-Life etc) a stunning game.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sun May 27, 2007 1:51 pm

Nice. Send Chris my regards.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sun May 27, 2007 2:06 pm

But the great thing about this new place is that it gives us a solid base, we can hold dev and board meetings here and its a good place for everyone to hangout. We've got a massive BBQ set, a load of consoles, a big projector and lots of sleeping space - what more do you need

A house party.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sun May 27, 2007 2:11 pm

Interesting. :)

Do you still play Defcon?
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sun May 27, 2007 2:24 pm

I liked the nod to the community in that interview, namely how the creator of the Christmas mod was "One particularly evil person". It made me chuckle :)

Actually, now that I looked it up, it appears to have been two particularly evil persons.
Taedal
level2
level2

Postby Taedal » Tue May 29, 2007 7:43 pm

Nice interview and nice coverage.

Return to “Introversion News”