Darwinia Update Testing

The forum with all your Introversion News!
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:03 am

So the question we're all asking is, which has the most memory leaks; the OGL renderer or the D3D one!

Anyway I guess it's time to whip out the old crapmods and do some testing again...

The uh, prize baiting is a bit suspect to me and makes me a little uncomfortable - aren't you concerned people are going to be competing with each other for bugs and that sort of thing?
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:49 am

Nutter wrote:"it supports the X360 Game Controller"

hmmmm thats kinda interesting :wink:

This is required to meet the "Games for Windows" standard.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/

(BTW, don't care about prizes, do care about more modding features :D)
Ghost Stalker
level2
level2

Postby Ghost Stalker » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:09 pm

Ghost Stalker wrote:Sweet! But... can I get the game for testing it up? I dont have it..... but I could test it IF I had it.....

......If I test it, can I have the game?
Yep.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:10 pm

Ghost Stalker wrote:
Ghost Stalker wrote:Sweet! But... can I get the game for testing it up? I dont have it..... but I could test it IF I had it.....

Just buy the damn game because spamming is not going to get you an answer any faster.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:37 pm

It's not exactly expensive.

trickfred wrote:
Nutter wrote:"it supports the X360 Game Controller"

hmmmm thats kinda interesting :wink:

This is required to meet the "Games for Windows" standard.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/
Oh no, not that twaddle. I hope IV know what they're doing, of course, they may well not be doing anything for that.
Ghost Stalker
level2
level2

Postby Ghost Stalker » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:39 pm

Montyphy wrote:
Ghost Stalker wrote:

Just buy the damn game because spamming is not going to get you an answer any faster.

k,k, soz
Yep.
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:48 pm

Roguelazer wrote:Well. I thought that Introversion might turn out to be a good game company. But DirectX? No thank you! It's bad enough that I can't play Defcon under Linux... Now you're taking away Darwinia too? Gah!

No need to jump to conclusions. Defcon for Linux is in development, and just because they're releasing a DX version of Darwinia doesn't nessecarily mean they're going to drop support for the OpenGL version. We've know for some time that Introversion and Microsoft have had an XBLA deal in the works, this is probably it - being on the xbox means more exposure for IV, which means more revenue, which means more great games.

Based on the comments posted by Chris and other IV *is* a changing company that is becoming a lot more commercial, but that is nessecary for them to survive in the modern games industry. More than any other games company I know though, IV put their community first, which is what makes them great.
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:28 pm

Precisely, they haven't exactly sold their heart and soul away, they still seem very much in control of their games. So long as they remain in control they might as well take the chances to sell more copies.
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:08 pm

MrBunsy wrote:Precisely, they haven't exactly sold their heart and soul away, they still seem very much in control of their games. So long as they remain in control they might as well take the chances to sell more copies.

and thats what anakin skywalker thought aswell. i just hope CHRIS remembers to wear his tinfoil hat before he steps in the doorsteps of billy boy "MS". :wink:

anyway whatever happens to IV i'll still be forking there homebrew games as long as there not rubbish.
xineph
level0

Postby xineph » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 pm

The GoldFish wrote:The uh, prize baiting is a bit suspect to me and makes me a little uncomfortable - aren't you concerned people are going to be competing with each other for bugs and that sort of thing?

Prize?

I saw it but I would already have forgotten if you weren't there!
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:32 pm

signed up, and because this is my brothers laptop also remembering why I use firefox ;)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:23 am

So, are the lines still open? I noticed Xocrates (So - Crates, man!) posting in the Darwinia Beta forums.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:25 am

IV, you are all awesome. :D I don't care about any prizes- I just want to help get the patch out.
Ill be testing mainly on Insurrection and EW3- the most intensive mods (at times) I've seen.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:03 pm

The GoldFish wrote:Aren't you concerned people are going to be competing with each other for bugs and that sort of thing?

Isn't that the point?
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:57 pm

so I take it they've picked people now?
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Return to “Introversion News”