Darwinia now preloading over Steam

The forum with all your Introversion News!
fastrecords
level0

Postby fastrecords » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:39 pm

Hello,

(I posted this in a steam thread before but I'll ask again in here)

What I would like to know is the fact if I can register my already bought version of Darwinia in steam. So I can play (download) the game where ever I am. Same as the other games in steam with a CD-KEY.
And so I don't have to buy it again.

Thanks for any reply on this.
John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby John » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:00 pm

fastrecords, unfortunately it's not possible to register your existing copy of Darwinia in Steam - Darwinia does not use a CD key scheme.
Tortanick
level3
level3

Postby Tortanick » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:13 pm

Any reason why you can't regester a copy of darwinia despite the lack of cd-keys? technical reasons, an anti-piracy clause written by valve?
Dave2
level4
level4

Postby Dave2 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:15 pm

I imagine that Valve wouldn't really like it (they'd essentially be paying to support people who haven't paid them, I imagine, though I obviously don't know the details), and the lack of unique identifier probably doesn't help either.
Don't think about The Game.
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:28 pm

In reply to the topic, it seems that Gabe Newell is a bit in love with Darwinia. He posted a Steam update about how much he is hooked on it. Nice one guys, nice one!
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
OrR
level1
level1

Postby OrR » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:04 pm

Never use WMV and 2 minutes really shouldn't take 50 MB... :shock: 5 MB per minute should be enough, if you need to make it high quality, 10 MB should still be plenty. Hell, I usually encode my videos at around 2.5 MB per minute and they still look good.
Why you can't register existing copies at Steam: It's hard to distinguish between a legal and a pirated copy.
Aw, man, that brutal scene where the DGs are totally defenceless against the spiders and ants was cruel! :cry:

Return to “Introversion News”