Darwinia reduced in price to £19.99

The forum with all your Introversion News!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:05 pm

ccampbell1 wrote:...I dont know why it takes another 16 days to cross the atlantic and get to me in Chicago, but like I said earlier, maybe it got delayed at US customs or something....

Of course! It got stuck up in customs! Remember, we are living a world where terrorists are hiding behind every corner. You, sir, are likely planning something. And that box is radioactive green. When that showed up on their scans, it took them weeks to figure out what it was. You are lucky that it wasn't shipped out to Yucca Mountain and that you weren't arrested for your involvement in terrorist activities.

xander :roll:
ccampbell1
level0

Postby ccampbell1 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:32 am

Darn you found me out :-)
piratebob
level2
level2

Postby piratebob » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:42 pm

You terrorist you. Now don't be bring any weed whackers and coleman lanterns on any planes. <smacks hand>

As far as originality IMHO the programmers are trying to bring something new and innovative but to implement the things it takes to really make a game long lasting and memoriable simply takes too long. I believe it's more the big wigs who are looking at the bottom line, so to speak, that are, in some sense, rushing production. Why come up with something as fun and original, like the first FF way back when, when you can simply crank out the same old crap. Less production time, decent retail value, and you don't have to pay the programmers a lot of money before you see profit. Unfortunately it seems we live in a Kleenex society, find something that works that you can make cheaply, use it up, and on to the next thing. That's why I've seen a dramatic decrease in replay value. Most of the time, the consoles are really the bad ones about it, any replay value comes from making the game harder and harder to play with a small reward if you get through it. Personally I don't want the game to be harder. I want to get sucked in. I want something engaging with hidden secrets I can ferret out. I feel better now, nothing like a good rant to cleanse the aura. :P

Return to “Introversion News”