Help us track Darwinia in stores

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Charlie B
level0

re

Postby Charlie B » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:56 am

Hey all

I work in Game in Guildford. I have seen a copy in one of the 3 shops in town, in the middle of the PC rack. I will take special care to ensure that copies come out of the store room and onto the racks :)

I am also about to buy a copy, I've just tried the two demos. All that crossed my mind as I played was "I can't believe what the majority are missing".
It's amazing how something can look so un-inviting from the outside and yet be so damn good. Goes to show, people do judge things by their front covers.

I like you a lot, IV!
Dred_furst
level1
level1

Postby Dred_furst » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:18 am

Theres 1 or 2 copies in the GAME in evesham, worcestershire, its pretty hidden, in the racks where theyre stacked sideways. henever i go in i move it to the front. its the same case every time, either they havent shifted it or they keep putting the same case back.
[PFFF]Enigma
level0

Postby [PFFF]Enigma » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:55 pm

ok let me just say this coz ive been reading up on other posts... STEAM DOES WORK :) i hade never heard of darwinia untill it was advertised on steam now i want the game... it works lol

ne way im in sheffield and will be going to meadowhall(if that means ne thing to u lot) ill have a look in game and other game stores for it.. probably buy it aswell but few main questions before i buy it. is the game deffinately going to work online because i read in another post the multiplayer was broken... was that just over lan or the internet?
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:16 pm

Multiplayer doesn't exist yet. Once the Steam version is out, then we can look forward to hearing about the multiplayer.

Steve
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:42 pm

[PFFF]Enigma wrote:is the game deffinately going to work online because i read in another post the multiplayer was broken... was that just over lan or the internet?

Multiplayer was started and added to the game but never completed for release, so it was disabled. Currently that means its broken. However the Steam release is supposed to have multiplayer added either on release or soon after via patch. I'd recommend grabbing the Steam version as a boxed copy won't be importable (due to no way to prove purchase, by key etc.) Also, i believe the multiplayer will be added to retail versions as well, and hopefully retail and steam players will be able to join and play. It probably boils down to wether you need the game to be in your Steam list or not.
[PFFF]Enigma
level0

Postby [PFFF]Enigma » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:11 pm

just got back from meadowhall and i searched 3 game shops up and down looking for it. 1 out of the 3 had 2 they were quite well hidden and i would not of seen them if it wasnt for the bright green amongst all the black cases

it was the second game in meadowhall and they were going for £19.99
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:27 pm

Wow, next to Deus Ex: Invisible War :(

That's cold...

hehe
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:35 pm

[PFFF]Enigma wrote:just got back from meadowhall and i searched 3 game shops up and down looking for it. 1 out of the 3 had 2 they were quite well hidden and i would not of seen them if it wasnt for the bright green amongst all the black cases

--==<snip>==--

So, did you take them off of the bargin shelf and put them in with the best sellers or new releases?

xander
[PFFF]Enigma
level0

Postby [PFFF]Enigma » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:55 pm

of course lol i replaced them with a couple of xbox 360 games
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:28 pm

[PFFF]Enigma wrote:of course lol i replaced them with a couple of xbox 360 games

Nice. [PFFF]Enigma++

xander
bloody_pingvin
level0

Postby bloody_pingvin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:12 am

i have a question how is the game in stores when its not released yet???
or it is... but its just coming to steam aswell...

which is it??

btw!! sry im kinda newb to this scene... so dont flame me !
Dave2
level4
level4

Postby Dave2 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:25 am

It was released back in March of this year.

IV just recently got the Steam deal.
Don't think about The Game.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:10 am

[PFFF]Enigma wrote:just got back from meadowhall and i searched 3 game shops up and down looking for it. 1 out of the 3 had 2 they were quite well hidden and i would not of seen them if it wasnt for the bright green amongst all the black cases

your point about prices well in PC world (local to me in Worcester) there were two boxes proces at 29.99! despite the fact they haven't been sold for that for ages, I ripped the price tag off in the hope that their computer has the right price and they just haven't bothered to update the label.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Return to “Introversion News”