Bought the game yesterday - "Key Revoked"

Technical support for all issues relating to Defcon Linux

Moderator: Defcon moderators

fuxoft
level0

Bought the game yesterday - "Key Revoked"

Postby fuxoft » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:30 am

Hello there,

I read very nice things about Introversion's games and I thought I should support a developer who makes native Linux version of its games.

I bought Defcon for Linux yesterday (along with Darwinia) from Introversion's online shop. I immediately received download link and my key. I unpacked the game, ran it for the first time and after I entered my key into the game, I got "Key revoked" error and the game stays in demo mode. Also, the game keeps telling me I should upgrade to version 1.43 (I have 1.42) but the provided link only shows version 1.43 for Windows.

I have never before downloaded or installed any version of Defcon and I definitely didn't give my key to anyone (I got the "key revoked" message about 3 minutes after I first saw the key).

I am using Ubuntu 8.04.
fuxoft
level0

Postby fuxoft » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:37 am

After reading some other posts in this forum, I am confused by people refering to "Linux installer". What I downloaded was a simple archive (defcon-v1.42.tar.gz) with whole game inside, already capable of running without problems. I has to download this manually because the download link I got after purchasing Defcon didn't show any Linux version, only Windows version (even when I specifically selected "Linux" as my OS). Should I have downloaded something else? Is this why my key doesn't work??
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:49 pm

Please contact support directly. This is not a problem with Linux, but with the key.
The Ultimate Uplink Guide (for any question on Uplink)
Latest Uplink Patch
fuxoft
level0

Postby fuxoft » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:56 pm

I did that immediately (about 24 hours ago), so far no reply. I guess they don't work during weekends :)

Return to “Linux Troubleshooting”