Moderator: Defcon moderators

cza
level4
level4

Nuke School: All in the Family

Postby cza » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:06 am

Instructors: CZA & Edward
Pupils: Abu Jazar & Cumiro

Today features a very special meeting of Nuke School prior to winter break. Really, its main focus is me instructing Abu Jazar, but we were assisted and observed by Edward and Cumiro.

I was really looking forward to this game, which featured a strong ally and quality opponents. Ed needs no introduction, Cumiro has been both ally and nemesis and past Nuke School pupil, and the tales I had recently heard about Abu Jazar were enough to make any player quail before the challenge this provisional legend posed:

Jazar: “Abu Jazar ruled the rankings for months in 2007-2008, not only winning almost every battle, but also finishing them with such high kill to loss ratios that both skilled and unskilled DEFCON operators shunned the name of Abu Jazar.” (12/5/12)

Airburst: “I remember playing you last year, you're pretty good.” (12/5/12)

Jazar: “Everyone already knows Abu Jazar and MAX are the masters of DEFCON.” (12/11/12)

Jazar: “The joke is you're going to try to beat Abu Jazar, the great master of all times?” (12/11/12)

But perhaps the most frightening tale of all was Jazar's claim, “I was Shai Hulud's mentor.” (12/6/12) Could this be true? The man Ace saw fit to place a bounty on; was this man the master of Shai, offensively ruthless and one of the game's better naval officers, a true Defcon great? I expressed my respect.

Cumiro, however, is not convinced. Meanwhile, Jazar displays contempt for his old pupil.

As we place, I check in with Edward. He's usually right, but given the set up taking shape, surely his advice will spell disaster! Roughly a full fleet vs. a half fleet. And we know my naval skills are not the best.

Cumiro is still sad, earning him tongue lashing from Jazar that proves prescient. Can EU win alone? Might he have to?

As the battle begins, I decide to be fair and formally introduce myself to Abu Jazar. Apparently he did not read earlier Nuke School dispatches about making promises you cannot keep.

Then again, perhaps Jazar recognizes my gesture, since he responds with several offerings to his king.

Lesson: I was preparing your destination long before you arrived. Also, CZA summarizes the essence of his strategy.

This next shot is conclusive evidence that Jazar lives in an alternate reality. Brat, you would not have scouted me with Senator's air force, R3Ds fleet, and Mrmot's ruler.

Interlude: I didn't just noob around. I was worried about Cumiro, since he seemed so sad. I went to listen to his troubles.

Interlude: Byron, here at Nuke School, we take feedback very seriously. Of course we watch and reply to our colleagues, students, and alumni! How are things in your fair land? And now that America has built up enough antibodies to Justin Bieber and Carly Rae Jepsen, what virus will you unleash on us next?

Order of Battle: The End of Jazar

The final revelation, as I get to the bottom of this Shai business and why this is a very special nuke school.

One last lesson on tactics. What's wrong with this picture?

Cumiro gets the last word.

Final score: CZA (207) & Ed (-2) defeat Cumiro 58 and Abu Jazar (-19), 205–39.
http://quackington.wikispaces.com/file/view/czaed.win.abu.jpg/392129220/czaed.win.abu.jpg
http://sfcon.demoszenen.de/dcrec/2012-12/2v2Equalised-2012-12-13_04.32.zip

Lessons:
1. Edward is great.
2. Elders, respect your youth and do not speak ill of your children.
3. Apparently EU, even in the hands of a skilled player, cannot win the game alone against NA and Asia.
4. Do not surface subs in radar range if you can avoid it.
5. Bring more fleet next time. Of course, you may have to hack the game to do this.

So much for Abu Jazar. I'm willing to grant some rust, but if you cannot beat up a mid-level player (I can think of five to ten people who can beat me up consistently, I suck at 1v1 these days, and I still have not been able to fix my launch sync) you have no business making the claims you've made about your general defcon skill. Baton, Jon, FY, Edward, LSWP, Laika, R3D, Mrmot, Tobias, possibly Deadcows (I don't know if he's fixed his math yet), Kudayta, and your ally Cumiro are all superior players.
Last edited by cza on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:17 am

More briefings like this, please. Thank you.

:P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:53 am

Epic
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 am

1st. LOL

2nd. I remember Abu from 2008, and he did indeed highscores all the time, and I never beat him, when we played the same game or in the ranking list. And I still think something is lost with no ffa and backstab. I doubt recent players would know how to take it. (R3D surprised me here, maybe I am wrong on that). But default mode was to mechanic anyway for me. Totally Random was way to prove your true skills.
Abu Jazar
level2
level2

Postby Abu Jazar » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:06 am

Abu Jazar admits this was not a battle representative of his great skill. Truth be told, 2v2 equalized is a battle mode that Abu Jazar cannot recall of having fought before, and several unfortunate circumstances including the territory selection made this encounter unworthy of the blatant imperiousness and unjustified pride that CZA exhibits.

There is nothing about this little skirmish that challenges the fact that Abu Jazar is the great master of all times.
One battle does not win a war, CZA. Your population is not safe.
AIRburst95
level3
level3

Postby AIRburst95 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:16 am

Abu Jazar wrote:Abu Jazar admits this was not a battle representative of his great skill. Truth be told, 2v2 equalized is a battle mode that Abu Jazar cannot recall of having fought before, and several unfortunate circumstances including the territory selection made this encounter unworthy of the blatant imperiousness and unjustified pride that CZA exhibits.

There is nothing about this little skirmish that challenges the fact that Abu Jazar is the great master of all times.
One battle does not win a war, CZA. Your population is not safe.

:roll:
BMN
level2
level2

Postby BMN » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:25 am

seriously, someone needs to beat some sense into this abu jeezer guy. I mean, his ego is more inflated than a zepplin, and I'd enjoy for someone to bring it crashing down in flames :twisted:
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:00 am

BMN wrote:seriously, someone needs to beat some sense into this abu jeezer guy. I mean, his ego is more inflated than a zepplin, and I'd enjoy for someone to bring it crashing down in flames :twisted:

I've talked to him in game lobbies before, he's actually a really nice guy. He's just dicking around on the forum.
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:18 pm

I think it's all pretty funny and good for the community as long as too many new threads aren't opened. I also like the idea of these 6 player servers so people can have a non diplo game without needing a degree in defcon (the standard is insanely high now).
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.

Return to “The Debriefing Room”