Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

DeafCom
level1
level1

Lego 2d part 10 *

Postby DeafCom » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:44 am

Dear all,

there was an extremely beautiful game between R3D and Laika. You'll find recordings here: http://sfcon.demoszenen.de/dcrec/2012-1 ... _19.30.zip

Seems like both agreed to random territories. R3D is Asia and Laika is SA. All Asian silos are around Japan, Laika has a Tobi silo in Brazil (red arrow) and 5 in Mexico. Most of both fleets are stacked in the pacific. Only R3D's subs are west of Australia on their way to the atlantic. Let's see if this is a good idea!

After little naval battle, we have a sea-nuke competition. The yellow circle shows Laika's bombers aiming at the red fleet. At the same time his fleet is stepping forward to increase the pressure on R3D.

However, no single nuke of Laika found its target (yellow circle), while R3D (arrow) deletes battleboats from the screen in the north.

Then, while R3D's fleet is retreating to the atlantic, he is emulating a ghost fleet in sorthern pacific by sending two bombers on a suicide mission. On this image, both bombers already ran out of fuel, the nukes don't hit. However, this event triggers Laika to send more ships to southern pacific in search of the ghost fleet. As consequence, Laika has now many ships close to Cape Horn available to step over to the atlantic...

...where the battle has begun. R3D verifies the presences of the brazilian silo before his small group gets destroyed. Laika seems unsure about the amount of enemies and sends further ships and bombers from an airbase to the atlantic.

Laika is pushing forward in direction of Africa destroying the last red carrier here and then turns north. He said, he was expecting R3D to come down via the arctic to the atlantic! R3D's subs remain undetected, his main fleet is only little further east.

Finally, R3D merges his fleet with his subs and sneakes up the African coast (yellow arrow). Laika at the same time scouts towards north (red arrow). His bombers patrol up to the red dashed line never reaching the missile range of R3D's battleboats. This was thrilling to watch. But finally, when R3D's fleet reached the coast of Cameroon it was detected. Unluckily, his fleet was stacked so tight, that two nukes were enough to make so heavy damage that R3D surrenders. (And exactly here my Dedcon replay server shutdown, so no pics of the final battle, sry.)

R3D than finally commits suicide, this means the score has not to be taken too serious. It was Laika 184 vs. R3D -93.

Nevertheless, in general brilliant gameplay. But I do not think R3D had a chance here. After deciding to move his whole fleet sneaky to the atlantic he had lost in my opinion. Laika did a decent job, moving only very slowly forwards and taking his time. Even if R3D's fleet would not have been detected, he would have raped Brazil searching for silos there... This time it is a victory for Laika due to better psychological warfare!

Deafcom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Title of this match, courtesy: F.Y.
Little worm
level3
level3

Postby Little worm » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:37 am

Was very fun to read.Tnx.
P.s More debriefings plse:)
Hedgehogs cried, but ate a cactus(с) Karpov
R3D
level3
level3

Postby R3D » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 am

nice debriefing :) too bad he found me :( :)

Little worm wrote:Was very fun to read.Tnx.
P.s More debriefings plse:)

yes piz
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:09 am

Ditto.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:37 am

* Title of this match, courtesy: F.Y.
:P
yeah, nice debriefing again! :)
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
The Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Postby The Mighty Santa » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Why lego 2d?
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:28 pm

you know Lego? these coloured plastic building blocks?these blocks have 3 dimensions. in defcon we have 2 dimensions.
and Lego because kids in kindergarden are playing with it and if R3D and Laika are playing defcon they are fighting also with childish words like kids. :lol: too funny! :D
@DeafCom:maybe, in your next R3D/Laika debriefing you should also take chat talk screenies again. :lol:
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style

let's dance for a while

heaven can wait

we're only watching the skies

hoping for the best

but expecting the worst

are you gonna drop the bomb or not?

The Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Postby The Mighty Santa » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:05 am

Oh, I asked because when I was on Defcon Sunday a player named Lego 2d joined SFCON 1v1 against me.
R3D
level3
level3

Postby R3D » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:22 am

Forever Young wrote:@DeafCom:maybe, in your next R3D/Laika debriefing you should also take chat talk screenies again. :lol:

:P

and i am from legoland :lol:
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:13 am

:mrgreen:

Oh, I asked because when I was on Defcon Sunday a player named Lego 2d joined SFCON 1v1 against me.

oh, i was that! lol, who won that game?
oh, found other games with players called Lego rules and Lego, that wasn`t me. i only used Lego 2d.
oh, forgot something, take a look here: Defcon is like...

Return to “The Debriefing Room”