Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

DeafCom
level1
level1

"Good spanking"

Postby DeafCom » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:32 pm

To whom it may concern,

the 2v2 match here (http://defcon.lfo.fi/dcrec/2012-08/2v2t ... _02.04.zip) found my attention. After watching recordings I think it shows a beautiful example how to lose the most. If you want to skip the following part, just remember these few simple rules:
1) Never communicate with your ally.
2) Aggressively send fleets with subs ahead.
3) Ignore the fact that some theories claim the world might be round (unproven I should add, there is equal evidence-like stuff for the world having the form of a flying spaghetti monster but that's a different story...).
4) Always nuke cities - do not bother with silos, nobody knows where they are and they do not add up to your points anyway.
5) If you are still unable to make a really historic defeat: Quit and let the CPU finish it off. A computer is always able to find an even more stupid way to behave.

We find a setting with CZA and WorkingClassNuke (WCN) as Russia and Europe versus SummerBunny as Africa allying with a [Demo]Spieler as SA. Prominent spectators throughout the match are Korean, Laika, and even Edward pops up shortly.

We focus on the geographically privileged southern countries as they will have more trouble to lose. Most units are set, have a look on the interestingly lined-up silos in Africa (short out of radar range) and the big fleet convention in the atlantic. SA set all ships except one sixpack to atl, Africa goes full atlantic. Without talking to each other, the allies are making any effort to doubly threat Europe.

What happens in the pacific? The full CZA fleet encounters SA ships. Surprisingly enough, the world is round even in Defcon. I had a hard job taking a screenshot before the ships were all eaten...

Meanwhile in northern atlantic two complete fleets have a little argument with WCN who retreats. Note, the bombers most western are from SummerBunny!

Some sea nukes later..
..and later..

Meanwhile: All quiet on the western front? [Demo]Spieler takes a unique opportunity: Opening his silos just at the moment, CZA's fleet is in range.

This invitation cannot be ignored by CZA.

Some minutes later, SA sent his last few units (subs) into waiting anti sub CVs and quit. Watch the ring of menace, SummerBunny has layed around the northern allies.

Waiting is so nerve-shredding! SummerBunny cannot stand this any longer and quits leaving the main loss to the CPU. Predictably, the CPU launches from all silos as soon as few airplanes are found over african mainland. Enjoy the coordinated launch aiming only at cities, strictly after population - most of these cities are protected by 12 silos only.

Now a further beautiful advantage of the silo line is found. Eeeeh, in this image: "no longer found". It takes CZA exactly 18 nukes to finish them up.

First wave (by WCN). Second wave (by CZA). The screenshot shows the first wave.

In case you cannot read it:
CZA : 306
WorkingClassNuke : 130
[Demo]Spieler : 15
SummerBunny : -42
CZA's comments:
Good spanking that is.
No country for young noobs.

This is not fair at all, CZA. Would you have been able to produce a such clear defeat? It is only possible when heeding the rules (see above...) and after careful planning and even more thorough execution. A wise woman has said: "Oscillating plans need very exact implementation." Chapeau! I could not find any trace of communication between the southern players - except they have written their messages maybe exclusively on the whiteboard.
The Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Postby The Mighty Santa » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:56 pm

So all this was a rant... on a comment CZA made? :roll:
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:30 am

I don't understand. Your analysis confirms a very high level of noobery. Or is that your point, that these were not young noobs, but players with an extra special level of noobery that could only have come from some experience? You may be right, because an-depth viewing of this game shows me doing many foolish things.

Return to “The Debriefing Room”