I hate the people on this game

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Pwnelius
level0

I hate the people on this game

Postby Pwnelius » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:57 am

I try not to vent too much on the forums. But the community on this game has driven me to not play it anymore. I'm relatively new to the game, which is completely fine. I don't lose all the time (that badly, anyway). But the people on here are absolutely insane, always wanting to team up and knock out the noob players before anyone else. Especially in Diplomacy. Though no one is willing to give advice because, quote, "It's a nuclear genocide simulator. You think people are gonna be nice to each other?" I'm sorry, I thought the point of a multiplayer strategy game was to become a stronger player. But the community completely inhibits that. If the game had some sort of single player besides battling the AI, then this issue would be fine. But this game relies solely on players, and most of them are complete dicks. I will not be playing a game that repeatedly puts noob players into "RTS Hell" by allowing players to repeatedly shut down their ability to learn, experience, and win. I will not be playing this game anymore, worst 5 dollars ever spent.
Ärstotzka
level2
level2

Re: I hate the people on this game

Postby Ärstotzka » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:40 am

I'm sorry to hear you say that.
You're definitely correct in that it is a strategy game and not a nuclear war simulator. I recommend not playing diplomacy as much and switching over to the more direct games like 1v1 and 2v2. That way you have not chance of getting back stabbed. There are plenty of people who are willing to teach, I suppose you just were unlucky in whom you ran across.

If you have any interest in still trying to learn (which I strongly urge you to think about) and play I strongly recommend this tutorial. If you do decide to give it one more chance, I look forward to playing with you.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:14 pm

Pwnelius wrote:I try not to vent too much on the forums. But the community on this game has driven me to not play it anymore. I'm relatively new to the game, which is completely fine. I don't lose all the time (that badly, anyway). But the people on here are absolutely insane, always wanting to team up and knock out the noob players before anyone else. Especially in Diplomacy. Though no one is willing to give advice because, quote, "It's a nuclear genocide simulator. You think people are gonna be nice to each other?" I'm sorry, I thought the point of a multiplayer strategy game was to become a stronger player. But the community completely inhibits that. If the game had some sort of single player besides battling the AI, then this issue would be fine. But this game relies solely on players, and most of them are complete dicks. I will not be playing a game that repeatedly puts noob players into "RTS Hell" by allowing players to repeatedly shut down their ability to learn, experience, and win. I will not be playing this game anymore, worst 5 dollars ever spent.

So you got your ass beat in a game, and the players were mean to you? That never happens...

I don't want you to play if you are going to be a baby about it and not go through what literally every other player goes through. Good riddance.
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:56 pm

The more you sweat the less you bleed is all i'm saying.

Also: '/ignore [insert name here]' command. Enjoy to your own discretion.

Finally. Diplomacy is going to give you bad habits. Go 1v1/2v2 and spectate other games...oh and patience.
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:27 pm

The best way to enhance skill is through the TRUE format of Defcon: 6-player Default FFA and CLASSIC 3v3.

The players are nicer than in Diplomacy, too.

You are welcome any time on the ELITE Dedicated(tm) servers.

Return to “The Debriefing Room”