2v2 Ying Yang... Why??

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

2v2 Ying Yang... Why??

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:56 am

Holy shit guys, the flipping 1 Recording on 2v2 Ying Yang has been downloaded over 100 times?!?! Here is a no brainier idea, flipping play it! MVPE put a lot work into creating it for the community. G6 hosts it for everyone to use one of MVPE greatest creation in my opinion.

Its kinda like giving MVPE the middle finger. I mean I try to play it but no one wants to.. why??? A LOT of pros/good players still play. This mod takes ALL the territorial advantages away and is a TOTALLY equal playing grounds for all 4 players.

When you get right down to it, this MOD requires only pure skill to win. This is were you really show you got the balls!

Is it really that hard to make a few clicks to play it???

Download:
General Ivan
level2
level2

Re: 2v2 Ying Yang... Why??

Postby General Ivan » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:44 am

Sicilian Hound wrote:one of MVPE greatest creation in my opinion.

Your opinion, however this will not reflect and mirror everyone else's view on if it is truly the 'greatest creation' of MVPE's'.

As much as i respect MVPE though for creating a mod and as much as i do find it an interesting idea myself, i believe the plain factor of this matter is simple, nobody is interested in downloading the mod for it, when it is quicker to join a game server that requires no mod. There may be the factor also with the fact that people are used to playing on the regular world map because it feels more akin to play.

Also about this server basing players purely on skill, understandable that. But if you are referring to naval, then i would like to point out that you can get such battles actually occurring in normal servers, rare that they may be in normal servers. The pacific AS vs RU if the AS player is willing to take the naval fight to RU's navy, and assuming they both placed in the pacific. Even though land installations on land may assist, it may only move the battlefield further out to sea.

On a separate note, i tried downloading the mod myself and it won't work, i think it may have something to do with it being downloaded as a RAR file and not being downloaded zipped am i right? I know i have a broken game but i still want a taster myself. :)
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:42 pm

I don't think so? I can join 2v2 YY just fine on my DEFCON, and I test every download I upload to Google.Drive.
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:50 pm

Well i must be going wrong somewhere, i still think it may be something to do with me ending up downloading it as a RAR file.
aug
level1
level1

Postby aug » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:47 am

General Ivan wrote:Well i must be going wrong somewhere, i still think it may be something to do with me ending up downloading it as a RAR file.

The compression method has nothing to do with it. You still need to extract the file to your /defcon/mods/ folder. And it needs to be under it's own folder (i.e defcon/mods/yingyang). If you can't extract the RAR file, then you need a 3rd party program, such as 7-Zip. If this is too much of a hassle, I've created a zipped version of the archive here.
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:11 am

Done it, took the hassle free option though :mrgreen: , but it's better than nothing i suppose. I need to start doing IT again in order to figure out the know hows of this. Anyways, cheers Aug.

Spelling errors the reason for the 'edit'.
VSj
level2
level2

Postby VSj » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:54 pm

Sicilian Hound wrote:Holy shit guys, the flipping 1 Recording on 2v2 Ying Yang has been downloaded over 100 times?!?!

Yea, sorry about that. There is a filter in place to exclude downloads done by robots but it's far from perfect. I manually cleared the download statistics of most duplicates and bots and it's now only 44, which sure still is a lot. I bet there still is bots in that but it's not worth the effort to hunt them down any further.

Sicilian Hound wrote:Here is a no brainier idea, flipping play it!

YES!

Sicilian Hound wrote:Is it really that hard to make a few clicks to play it???

no.

Return to “The Debriefing Room”