RE: What's Winning To You?

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

RE: What's Winning To You?

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:36 pm

I would consider this a 'win' of sorts. Clearly I placed third, but remarkably managed to loose the most and still produce a score over 100.

I received a very well timed-coordinated attack against my silos when they were returning to defense mode. Afterwards, my citizens were pretty much finished.

I made up for it in the next game though. Mr. Robot received the beating in this game.

Finally, kudos to Feud for the last one. Although, the only reason he won is because I exercised extreme self-restraint and didn't backstab. I was Europe and he was USSR. I made sure during the game that my silos were available as a shield while he fired and others were firing on him. I beleive Moscow was only hit once, or not at all. I could have easily taken first at the last second, but choose to prove I am a trustworthy ally.

Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:00 am

That was a fun game. Yeah, you could have beat me six ways from Sunday if you wanted, and there wasn't much I could do about it had you turned. I very much appreciate that you didn't, although I wouldn't have blamed you if you had.

I thought of it like this: I could have held back, covered my bases, played conservativly, and such. But, since I had played with you before, I had some measure of trust that you would watch my back. Now I realize that trust is a rare and fleeting virtue in this game, and that backstabs can happen anytime to anyone.

But, I figure that in this game sometimes you just need to go big or go home. Lay it all on the line, and see what happens. And since I normally will stick with an alliance until the end, I try to extend the same trust to others. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. This time it did.

Good game Ace, I look forward to many more!
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:04 am

Had I not played with/against you on multiple other occasions, I probably would've taken out western Russia and claimed victory. But, I knew I had already obtained some measure of trust and didn't want to ruin it.

Strong alliances are hard to come by.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
caranthir.pkk
level3
level3

Postby caranthir.pkk » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:32 am

You guys should get married and run away together.... :roll: j/k
glad to see you guys got a break from backstabbin' and had some fun!
See you soon! :D

car
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:10 pm

caranthir.pkk wrote:You guys should get married and run away together.... :roll: j/k
glad to see you guys got a break from backstabbin' and had some fun!

Sorry, Car, I'm strictly butter-side up.

caranthir.pkk wrote:See you soon! :D

car

I haven't been able to play the past couple of days, but I'm hoping tonight will bring opportunity. If so, I'll be looking for you. I don't like to have a roster of players I've never beaten.
:wink:

Now, if I see you only once ever, and I didn't win, that doesn't count.
caranthir.pkk
level3
level3

Postby caranthir.pkk » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:12 pm

Tonight's bad ;) Valentine's Day and such...:p
ynbniar
level5
level5

not me brutus...

Postby ynbniar » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:55 pm

I find it extremely difficult to backstab....

...that and my defensive nature are the reason why I loose many more than I win I suspect.

...but why?

...the game is anonymous? Why can't I backstab?

I feel bad about it....uncomfortable.

It's not "me". :oops:
Feud
level5
level5

Re: not me brutus...

Postby Feud » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:47 am

ynbniar wrote:
...the game is anonymous? Why can't I backstab?

I feel bad about it....uncomfortable.

It's not "me". :oops:

That is because anonymity is what brings out true charecter. People act certain ways when they know other s are watching, or might be watching. But when they are out of sight, when they are hidden by a cloak of secrecy, that is where you learn the true person. Don't feel bad about it, it just means that is who you are. It is much better to be a good person when no one knows who you are, then to be a great public person, but a jerk in private.

Return to “The Debriefing Room”