Alliances are fun

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Tragedy
level1
level1

Alliances are fun

Postby Tragedy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:43 pm

I'm new to DEFCON. Usually, I'm always loyal to alliance members, since I can only really win with teammates, heh.

My last battle, though, was great. I was on a team, allianced on Africa with Europe, Europe was kicking serious butt, while I stayed nice and safe :D Then, out of nowhere, Europe turns on me and starts nuking and bombing me.

So what do I do? Revenge...privately I talk to everyone else, letting them know I have the locations of Europes silos. Europe was at the top, waaay at the top, so everyone was eager to call a ceasefire and take down Europe, who was causing a lot of damage for us all. Europe attacks the USSR, not me, while I take the chance to start nuking everyones not-air-defense silos :wink: And I end up winning, and scoring the fewest casualties.

I love this game.

Whats everyone's take on deals, alliances, ceasefre, etc? Does it make the game more or less fun?
caranthir.pkk
level3
level3

Postby caranthir.pkk » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:03 pm

How can he be way ahead and you turn it around and win by just nuking europe? :P
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:07 pm

I abhor cease fires, avoid deals, and generally stick with allies throughout the game. I do throw in an occasional backstab, but only when there was no prior agreement or implication of loyalty on my part.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Tragedy
level1
level1

Postby Tragedy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:14 pm

caranthir.pkk wrote:How can he be way ahead and you turn it around and win by just nuking europe? :P

EVERYONE was nuking Europe in all the right places, since I had told them where there were Silos, etc. So Europe was taking huge damage, bringing its score down, and I was getting free hits at everyone else, bringing my score way up. I was closest to Europe before the backstabbing, so thats why. And no one wanted to hit the girl, hehehe.
caranthir.pkk
level3
level3

Postby caranthir.pkk » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:14 pm

I only backstab to win; but if I backstab I do it properly (and yes there are tears usually).... never backstab for fun, backstab if you think it will win you the game. That way you don't create unnecessary enemies

Car

P.S. INTROVERSION: WE NEED PERMANENT/UNIQUE NAMES :P
Tragedy
level1
level1

Postby Tragedy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:18 pm

caranthir.pkk wrote:I only backstab to win; but if I backstab I do it properly (and yes there are tears usually).... never backstab for fun, backstab if you think it will win you the game. That way you don't create unnecessary enemies

Car

P.S. INTROVERSION: WE NEED PERMANENT/UNIQUE NAMES :P

How is large scale destruction NOT fun?
caranthir.pkk
level3
level3

Postby caranthir.pkk » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:50 pm

because if you backstab people for the purpose of winning, most of them understand. if you backstab them for no apparent reason, you create people that stick to you like flies to the....and they make it their life's purpose to screw you over. just some advice ;)
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:36 pm

Sometimes, there's nothing like being irrational to make a Diplomacy game more enjoyable. e.g. I hate cricket on TV (boooooring), so England and India get it.
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:41 pm

roflamingo wrote:Sometimes, there's nothing like being irrational to make a Diplomacy game more enjoyable. e.g. I hate cricket on TV (boooooring), so England and India get it.

Can u wipe out Utah while you're at it? Mormons. Those mormons...
Last edited by Radiant Caligula on Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:55 pm

I think Mormons are great! Everyone should have one.
DueAccident
level3
level3

Postby DueAccident » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:55 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:I abhor cease fires, avoid deals, and generally stick with allies throughout the game. I do throw in an occasional backstab, but only when there was no prior agreement or implication of loyalty on my part.

Same. If I say I won't backstab, then I really won't, unless I am backstabbed first obviously.
BrianBlessed
level4
level4

Postby BrianBlessed » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:57 pm

roflamingo wrote:I think Mormons are great! Everyone should have one.

They're alright, but I couldn't eat a whole one.
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:15 am

BrianBlessed wrote:
roflamingo wrote:I think Mormons are great! Everyone should have one.

They're alright, but I couldn't eat a whole one.

Uhm, thats what freezers are for? To store abundant food? But I wouldn't recommend eating mormons 4 weeks in a row. You'll get gas.
luke02
level1
level1

Postby luke02 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:56 am

I'm Morman.
deltantor
level2
level2

Postby deltantor » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:04 am

luke02 wrote:I'm Morman.

*evil laugh* do you want to come over....for dinner? *prepares butcher knives*

no reason to get mad, people joke, although personally i don't like Mor[m]ons much....

Return to “The Debriefing Room”