Wow what a game

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

PsychicKid
level2
level2

Wow what a game

Postby PsychicKid » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:25 am

Whooo. Just had one heck of a 6 player FFA. I was playing as Russia in this game. I made a truce with the US and Europe, but I decided to take advantage of Europe since most of his navy was off fighting the US. Sent a ton of bombers over and a few subs and took out most of his defense. Freaking US took advantage and hit his cities while I was taking care of the silos, but I still got some good hits in too. I managed to hit Cairo and airbases in west Asia. Asia destroyed east Russia, as expected. Tried some subs against Asia but they got sunk fast.

After that, I'm not sure what was going on between the US and SA, but it was pretty slow fighting for a while for them. Took a few quick strikes, but I finished off Europe's defense and hit the major cities with two of my silos. In the meantime, Asia had taken care of Africa for me, but Asia was persistent on killing me. I sent another big bomber wave at him but only hit a few cities and one silo. US and SA had also hit him hard at the same time with a few subs, but several silos escaped.

Meanwhile US and SA started killing each other, then the US decided to launch everything at me after I had hit four of his cities with my silos and some luck. Needless to say I got pummled by about 50 ICBMs and several bombers from Africa and Asia. Strangely enough, all of my silos survived without a single hit.

Now the victory time started. I went oshi and launched all my silos at everyone. As luck would have it, the offense on my stopped as soon as I started mine. I hit Kinshaha and a few US cities and got myself 4 points away from the US. Everyone was spent, but I had some bombers left. I swept up what was left of Europe for the win.

What a game. :D

My "panic launch" after the victory timer started: http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/415/ ... 901na0.jpg

Everybody dies! Notice how I had the most kills AND most deaths: http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7812 ... 902cd8.jpg
DueAccident
level3
level3

Postby DueAccident » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:33 am

Nice, you've made me want to play Defcon now. :P
MIKES
level2
level2

Postby MIKES » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:22 am

lol me too

MIKES
Amerigo Vespucci
level1
level1

Postby Amerigo Vespucci » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:05 pm

Sorry about that drop earlier in the night. My computer crashed hard, and I wasn't able to find you all again to give my apologies. Sorry about that.
PsychicKid
level2
level2

Postby PsychicKid » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:23 pm

No problem. Accidents happen.
caranthir.pkk
level3
level3

Postby caranthir.pkk » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:03 pm

Amerigo Vespucci wrote:Sorry about that drop earlier in the night. My computer crashed hard, and I wasn't able to find you all again to give my apologies. Sorry about that.

No problem ;) found another game right after that I managed to win after over 8:00........insane match with great teamplay :)
luke02
level1
level1

Postby luke02 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:49 pm

Not a problem man! Now I sorta wished that I played with you, instead of looking for a diplo match ( especially since I was unsuccessful :( a first! )
Red Dawn
level1
level1

Postby Red Dawn » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:14 pm

Oh man, now I want to play.

Hobophobe is fun to play a game with.
hobophobe
level1
level1

Postby hobophobe » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:30 pm

Red Dawn wrote:Oh man, now I want to play.

Hobophobe is fun to play a game with.

Awww you are making me blush!!

:oops:
hobophobe
level1
level1

Postby hobophobe » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:42 am

I took screens of this game too!

Beginning of the game, check the chat text :twisted:

My volley at USSR, wasn't enough for the win :cry:
PsychicKid
level2
level2

Postby PsychicKid » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:06 am

Truthfully, it was enough. If you and the others had managed to hit my silos a few times, I wouldn't have been able to come back right when the victory timer started. But I guess in the same situation I would have tried to hit cities too.

Hehehe, anyone got anymore screens of this game? Those were the only two I took.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:40 am

Perhaps we should have a dedicated thread for people to post these sorts of things. I don't dislike them, but every second thread doesn't need to be one.
hobophobe
level1
level1

Postby hobophobe » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:40 pm

PsychicKid wrote:Truthfully, it was enough. If you and the others had managed to hit my silos a few times, I wouldn't have been able to come back right when the victory timer started. But I guess in the same situation I would have tried to hit cities too.

Hehehe, anyone got anymore screens of this game? Those were the only two I took.

I do have more but they really aren't worth posting since they really don't capture anything that's already shown in the shots already posted.

Return to “The Debriefing Room”