Me and Bernie whoop ass

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

adam_the_scouser
level1
level1

Me and Bernie whoop ass

Postby adam_the_scouser » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:24 am

Had to post this about a 2 v 2 game last night. Played against the most annoying freaks ever...Skynet and Tenacious. I was teamed up with a guy named Bernie.

Basically the game started off in good humour and Skynet and Tenacious seemed like nice people the former from the US and the latter from Australia. Half way through they start boasting and typing derogatory stuff to me and Bernie. They decide to mass nuke Europe so I retaliate and take out some silos and hit some cities.

Then Skynet proclaims " I am da man watch this". So he slows down time and launches all his nukes from his subs at me (is that possible I have never seen anybody launch all their nukes at once I thought subs needed time to launch one after another) and I start getting pounded and go bottom. Skynet goes top.

Story isn't over but here is a question I would like to ask....what is your opinion on how an alliance wins? Now I managed to claw back into 3rd place with bernie in second and in points total we were ahead. I playd a 2v2 the other night and although I came out on top I accepted defeat cos teh other alliance had 2 more points than us. Anyway back to the story.

So now Tenacious proclaims I am a noob and how he loves that word and that they are winning. I said no you are not we have more points than you. Lot's of lol's come from both morons. The victory timer starts and Tenacious says "Oh look WE won". So me and Bernie have a few nukes left and procede to bomb them from all sides. By the way it was random territories Bernie was Europe I was Asia and they were NA and SA. Skynets score dropped like a fly and Bernie went top and we won by a lot more points.

I started to give tenacious and skynet some crap back needless to say they didn't like it and got a lot of "stfu noob" back. Couldn't take a picture of the final score cos Skynet was a bit miffed and closed down straight away. If bernie reads the forums I wanna say good game man I never had such a satisfying game.

Moral of the story... Dont presume you have won till the final nuke drops. :D noobs
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:29 am

Odd. I've played with Skynet (definitely) before and also tenacious (I believe so ; or at least I've "seen him") and they were nice to play with I believe...
adam_the_scouser
level1
level1

Postby adam_the_scouser » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:01 pm

well they seemed nice enough in the lobby like I said but then turned into real jerks. There was no need for the way they acted it was very adolescent but I guess some people are just like that.

Like I say what are peoples opinion's over alliance games. Do you think the alliance wins if they have the most points or if one of the team come out on top? We did both so it didn't matter in the end. But like I say I think it should be the points total which determines the winner
keepngoal
level1
level1

Postby keepngoal » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:50 pm

IMO, it depends.

If alliances can be broken, top individual score wins. If alliances can't be broken, most points from the team (combining individuals) wins.

- keep.
R.Reagan
level1
level1

Postby R.Reagan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:26 pm

sure, there are team-victorys, especially when they manage to strike together most of the game. and when that works i have more fun then getting the points (did you ever tried to synchronise a full silostrike from sa to europe with your own from africa?)
batou
peacekeeper
level1
level1

Postby peacekeeper » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:59 pm

Skynet - what a sweet guy!

I've had him drop out of an alliance to nuke me for points then want back in. I actually let him in because I wanted to overfly his territory. I've also had him kill his server when he starts dropping in points.

Speaking of killing the server, the last 3 out of 4 games I've played, the host killed the server late in the game. Very annoying! The server that didn't get dropped was hosted by me.

Just venting a bit, thanks for the air time! :roll:
Jeff
adam_the_scouser
level1
level1

Postby adam_the_scouser » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:22 am

feel free to vent away my good man. So we are at the general consensus that if an alliance stays together the points total decides victory. Like I said we won by their terms as well anyway which made it all the more sweeter. Like I said though Bernie was a great player and I had naval superiority and we pounded skynet right at the end. I would have loved to have seen his face after that boasting :D

Return to “The Debriefing Room”