Perfect Ally Win

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Reivax
level1
level1

Perfect Ally Win

Postby Reivax » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:47 am

alright well, a little earlier today i was allied with someone in a 6 player game, i was SA and he was NA andddd at the end, we were both untouched with no casualties or collateral!!!! yea and half of the players dropped out by the end because they were destroyed completely early on. oh well. :] i won though :D. here are some screen shots for your enjoyment.

my final attack which was on russia. notice how its beautifully done so that he gets pummelled from three sides. it was completely beautiful must i add. you can see how bad it was later on with the radiation map.

here's a screenshot of the radiation world wide. notice how NA and SA are clean enough to eat off. NO wierd cancers or diseases here!!

here's a population map..once again.. we see NA and SA thriving wonderfully like the blossoming amazon in SA before global warming was an issue...

here we have the final score :D. btw, he had 75 nukes left since i left the mouse cursor over it by mistake.

awesome game. if you were wondering why our alliance was green at one point then yellow, its because i noticed i was in the lead with my ally right on my tail so i assumed he would try attacking me as most allies would so i defected. BUT, alas, he told me he had no intention to as we both had perfect scores and would like to finish as allies so we allied up :]. the end.
wanna make a few extra spending bucks every month? just answer a few surveys and fill out a couple of forms at http://www.cashcrate.com/198852
Amerigo Vespucci
level1
level1

Postby Amerigo Vespucci » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:04 am

And seeing as how I was the ally, I more than vouch for the story. :)

At the end of the game, I hadn't fired off my silos, and probably could've pulled off a win or made it at least a bit closer, but neither of us had been hit yet, and I decided to settle for second place, something I was more than happy with. It's not too often that you manage to make it through a game without getting hit at all, and to have TWO people make it through without getting hit is something I've never seen before.

Also note that neither of us suffered too badly in the naval battles, either. Our navies really won the day for us, helped in no small part by the fact that the "Big Four" were so badly divided that all we had to do was pitch in as needed and make sure what launches did come our way never hit anything.
rome87
level2
level2

Postby rome87 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:30 am

Its a shame tht NA AND SA will be radiation free in the short term only to be radiated in the following weeks as the weather system brings the nasty green stuff over the seas to your clean and pleasent land:) (remember if real nuclear war happens no ones safe even if their 3000 miles away ;)
Reivax
level1
level1

Postby Reivax » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:17 am

rome87 wrote:Its a shame tht NA AND SA will be radiation free in the short term only to be radiated in the following weeks as the weather system brings the nasty green stuff over the seas to your clean and pleasent land:) (remember if real nuclear war happens no ones safe even if their 3000 miles away ;)

lol yeaa thats true...
wanna make a few extra spending bucks every month? just answer a few surveys and fill out a couple of forms at http://www.cashcrate.com/198852
DueAccident
level3
level3

Postby DueAccident » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:51 pm

Nicely done, an alliance with zero casualties is pretty rare.
adam_the_scouser
level1
level1

Postby adam_the_scouser » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:19 am

I have played against Verspucci before. He probably doesn't remember me but I remember him. Very fair player I like him a lot and a tactical player too. You couldn't have asked for a better ally. I like somebody with morals...I hate it when your ally turns on you after you have both performed so well.
parrot of doom
level2
level2

Postby parrot of doom » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:38 pm

Talking of 3-pronged attacks Reivax, do you remember this from last night?

Ooo yaah!
Reivax
level1
level1

Postby Reivax » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:41 pm

lol GAH yes!!! damn you people!!! i was already at the bottom, you shouldve been attacking tangostorm...LOL ARGHHHH
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:19 pm

I am prophile and I approve of this message.
Reivax
level1
level1

Postby Reivax » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:20 pm

prophile wrote:I am prophile and I approve of this message.

what does it matter?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:39 am

Well, today I had my very first 'perfect' win, no deaths, and perfect team win all in the same game. It was diplomacy and everybody thought we were freinds or something. Very funny. In fact, I was ready at a moments notice to answer any backstab that might occur. He correctly trusted me. I was USSR, he was Europe. Thanks goes to MKB!

We all know how unbeatable euro-russia alliance can be when played right.

Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:00 am

121 m kills, no casualties and no silos launched?

If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it.
MKB
level0

Postby MKB » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:11 am

My thanks goes to you, Ace! I was pretty scared, as I saw your bombers and nukes crossing my territory. But afterwards, I was very happy getting you as an trustfully allie. Because I wasn't prepared to answer any backstabbing all the time. I think also, this was a great game. Everything went perfect. Even our victims thought, we were one guy, using two PC's or something...but the truth is, we never met before...it's just, if you wanna stay alive in 'Diplomacy', you need an allie you can put your trust on from the beginning...
Amerigo Vespucci
level1
level1

Postby Amerigo Vespucci » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:50 am

Congrats! Russia can be pretty tough to get perfect on, what with all those Siberian cities. Still, if you get lucky, folks will bypass them in favor of the richer (and better-defended) targets of Moscow and Leningrad. I can remember a game I had where I only lost 0.2m from Kharbarovsk and two ships. That was the closest I've ever come to a super-perfect.
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:06 am

Ha, nice topic.

I've had my first perfect win (in a diplomacy game) against 5 other players this Sunday ;)

From the beginning of the game, EU, Africa & Asia and myself decided to attack NA.
However, I lost all bombers I sent there due to fuel shortage (doh, launched from the wrong airbases and kept bombers circling too much) so it didn't look good from the start.
As Africa dropped out of the alliance I decided to attack it, and with 2 bomber waves took out most of it's Northern defenses (radar, airbases, silos) while the same was happening to NA.
EU shortly after dropped out and the CPU took over (so I was safe from that side :D). Needless to say, I left the CPU alone.

Here, very near the end of the game, I noticed nukes that potentially were going for NA but looked like they were coming at me. I dropped out of the alliance (which caused the cpu to attack me as well, god damn it) and none of the nukes made it through. So time for some retaliation. I hit some cities in europe with 6 subs I had of the coasts of Spain, took out 3 silos that were launching in NA from 3 subs in Alaska - that wasn't the plan, but for once I couldn't get them to pass the bairing strait so I chose that option :) - and I managed to get out victorious AND without suffering casualties ;)

Return to “The Debriefing Room”