MINICOM testing: now open for everyone.

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:05 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:bert, quick question; will minicom be compatible with the bot enabled version? Can it be?
No and no, it can't be because the bot version is compatible (after messing with the version ID) with the plain version and that minicom can't be compatible with by license agreement. But if you bully the creators of the bot version to publish/send me a source patch, I'll integrate their changes (taking care you can't use the bot interface for cheats, of course.)
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Ok, thanks for the quick response!

If an Ace-bot ever gets fully functional (nuclear cociane working on one) then I'll have some actual reason to bully them, and will most certainly try. :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
Forever Young wrote:edit: @ ace rimmer. how did you decided draws in ladders?
i can not remember! i suspect, you only counted the score points and gave every player/team one point.

Yes, I ignored the stats (kills, etc) and went with points. Does baseball count hits when there's a tie? Does football (soccer) count kicks? Does basketball count layups or dunks? Does any sport count anything but points? :mrgreen:

yeah, right!
btw, nice new FF avatar! :mrgreen:
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm using adobie go live Java and AI generator. I've got it to work and use the adobie to create a c++ writer and automation engine. Ustng aces recordings the Java program enables adobie to read the code generater from keystroke to keystroke iis emulating the rite course of action and actually through this'll and error its learning how I'm going to get it to run without adobie and Java is the question also I can't get the Java while its running to accept my inputs. It just freezes when I make an order. Best I've seen it do is place not in groups of six and navy nuke but they weren't even close to a kill. I'm replying on my phone cause I'm at the school with my kids waiting for their principal. Ill be on later guys sand if anyone else knows about emulation and AI writing using adobie go live and Java with c++ add on as the robot I could use some help

Thanks.
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:57 pm

nuclear cocaine wrote:I'm using adobie go live Java and AI generator. I've got it to work and use the adobie to create a c++ writer and automation engine. Useng aces recordings the Java program enables adobie to read the code generate from keystroke to keystroke iis emulating the rite course of action and actually through trial and error its learning ,how I'm going to get it to run without adobie and Java is the question also I can't get the Java while its running to accept my inputs. It just freezes when I make an order. Best I've seen it do is place not in groups of six and navy nuke but they weren't even close to a kill. I'm replying on my phone cause I'm at the school with my kids waiting for their principal. Ill be on later guys sand if anyone else knows about emulation and AI writing using adobie go live and Java with c++ add on as the robot I could use some help

Thanks.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Somebody help this man!
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sun May 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
hooru1
level2
level2

Postby hooru1 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:49 am

bert, we are starting to take a great interest in this! if you make the dedicated server for minicom available for download, i may even consider paying $30/mo to run a dedicated server just for minicom!

:D
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu May 17, 2012 12:54 am

Alternatively, he could just make one of the existing dedcons (e.g. test duel for noobs) a minicom server. :wink:
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu May 17, 2012 3:22 pm

The dedcon for minicom is just the regular dedcon with ServerVersion set to the appropriate minicom one, specifically

Code: Select all

ServerVersion  1.60.1.5 MINICOM

as of right now.

tllotpfkamvpe: I don't think I can do anything about those false positives. I'll see if I want to install chrome and check for myself, but it's probably not a specific signature that is triggered, but rather some heuristic.
Nukraine
level2
level2

Postby Nukraine » Thu May 17, 2012 7:55 pm

i was wondering if it were possible for you to add a clicks per minute counter bert? A lot of high level strategy games have one, and I think it would be kinda cool.

Although i'm unaware if you have the ability to add a mini program versus modify existing ones.
-- Tobias --
level3
level3

Postby -- Tobias -- » Thu May 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Nukraine wrote:clicks per minute

I have logically structured a mod based on game clock. Is this possible?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri May 18, 2012 6:02 pm

I bet there are external programs for measuring that that will be able to give you much better and detailed stats than I'd be willing to give you.

Tobias: I don't understand the question.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Fri May 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Do you need extra keys bert?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri May 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Not really; more wouldn't enable me to run more servers, the annoyingly low process ID limits of the VPS I'm using for this and other stuff are another hard barrier.

Return to “General”