SFCON [Solved]

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

KimPossible
level0

SFCON [Solved]

Postby KimPossible » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:17 pm

SFCON dedicated servers are hard to connect to, even just connecting to a SFCON lobby, games lag, and much more. Please fix this... It is not my end I pay well over 75$ for my service plan. PLEASE do not give me the run around response of "its the internet" like every dedicated server owner from any game says because that is a load of BS. Upgrade your servers service plan on whatever they run on if you really care about your servers and the people whom play on them. If not take them down, there is enough servers already.

-Thanks

Edit:
I've tried each dedicated server, here is my ranking on connection...
[Grades Reflect From Speed Test Program, Ping Test, and In Game Play. Not Personal Opinion...]

• VSJ = A++
  • GROUP 6 = B+
  • ELITE = B-
  • NOOBCON = C-
  • SFCON = D+

Tip for SFCON and NOOBCON, upgrade your services with whom ever you rent from to run your servers thanks. If problems persist with connection issues if you upgrade your services contact me, I know good Linux OS Systems for rent that have never failed me or anyone. :)
Last edited by KimPossible on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickser
level5
level5

Re: SFCON

Postby trickser » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:15 pm

I don't think it is the v-server technique or whatever my host uses, but the location of the servers. I usually see good connections from Europe but way too bad ones from other parts of the globe. So yes, sorry, it's the Internet.

I thought about moving the servers to Netherlands or Britain, but these days I don't care about them too much, because Internet, I mean, because Life.

However if you would cut the cost for your service plan and hand me over the savings I would certainly be inclined to improve the the quality of SFCON for you.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:51 pm

BTW, does anybody know of a good internet topology chart, similar to this one:
but for all backbone providers. Best as a datafile one can visualize for himself.

Edit: Oh, I found an impressive map of submarine connections:
http://submarine-cable-map-2016.telegeography.com/
http://www.submarinecablemap.com/#/

Seems like the access to their database is rather pricey, but from the maps you can already make some deductions.
Lisbon seems to be interesting for are European connection point. Not only short routes to Americas and Africa but also to Asia and Australia.
KimPossible
level0

Postby KimPossible » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Believe it or not I use that map. Not sure if there is a better one without going into networking rocket science. Anyways I was hopping it was just your services but your mainframe must be in the good old EU. I'm from the Americas so it is what it is... Thank you for your educated, civil response Trickser, and thank you for the services you provide to this unique community.
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Re: SFCON [Solved]

Postby - Tobias - » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:17 am

I am also in the US, but have had no problems with SFCON server. I do appreciate the provision of any and all dedicated servers. Without these there would be no defcon. Thank you Senator.

Return to “General”