General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Not a computer Wizard/Need help :)

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:34 am

Hi,
I like things the way they are and I don't understand why they have to go and do updates that mess with my defcon way. Windows 10 did a update and now its messing with the way I play defcon. I am in game, and when I starting moving around, if my cursor goes anywhere near the bottom of the screen my task bar pops up and it messes up my game. It was not doing this before the windows update. I play thru steam so there is the overlay. And I have no need to see my task bar. I have tried and tried to figure this out and its either just way over my pay grade or I am just too old to get it.

I tried to do a restore to a earlier windows whatever and the last restore point is the update, I tried to run my defcon as a admin and set the defcon settings but that has nothing to do with the task bar. The funny thing is I was on a losing streak the past few dozen games with the old way, no task bar pop up. Now that I have the task bar pop up, I won a game tonight, Go Me! :) Btw I have also messed with the task bar settings till I lost my place and now I have no clue what I am doing.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could help me fix this,with suggestions. I just might be the only defcon player on the entire planet with this issue.

I just want no task bar pop up in game, that way I can go back to losing games. Thanks

LHH
Legendary1
level1
level1

Re: Not a computer Wizard/Need help :)

Postby Legendary1 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:23 pm

Same problem. It is the Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607 that has forced the task bar on many games, including Defcon. See here. I did some Googling and see that many people have been having this issue for almost 2 months now with no solution. I will probably be reinstalling Windows 7. I wonder if it has this problem too?

Return to “General”