General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

DefconNews
level1
level1

DEFCON NEWS 2/16/16

Postby DefconNews » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:43 pm

DEVLOPING NEWS

As noted in other threads, DTNC Vicious, the resident admin has appointed Colytic as his new moderator. While this is no surprise, the timing of the announcement is. With known con-artist Sicilian hound unbanned, and his attempts to divulge unfounded (as of now) conspiracies against current moderator, this presents an interesting scenario. Our inside sources have it that Laika is against some if not all of recent moves by Vicious, and is in open rebellion against him. If Sicilian Hound does indeed have some evidence that supports his claims of taking IP addresses from the forums, this creates a perfect opportunity for Vicious to bring in someone with identical views as him.

When asking Former Moderator Nominee Endless about this situation he responded, "Of course if all of this was true, I'd be in support of Laika's dismissal and Colytic brought in. But as I've proudly stated, Hound is a psychotic piece of shit. He will do anything to try to fit back in, even if that causes chaos."

In related news...

It seems that Sicilian Hound's old account has been reactivated. There were claims that it was deleted, but it was actually Endless that found his account and gave his information to DTNC Vicious, who promptly reinstated it. There has been no evidence so far presented though, as hound says all the evidence he needs is in his inbox.

Stay tuned for more updates.
Sicilian Hound
level0

Re: DEFCON NEWS 2/16/16

Postby Sicilian Hound » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:47 pm

UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:58 pm

So DefconNews is Endless?
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:00 pm

Vicious didn't select Colytic, nor did he start discussion with John about appointing him as a mod.
Anyway, my mod rights have been demoted. By John or Vic, I don't know, neither bothered to contact.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:07 pm

Laika wrote:Anyway, my mod rights have been demoted. By John or Vic, I don't know, neither bothered to contact.

When? And to what degree?

EDIT: just found that Sicilian's been filing reports against Moth's topics as 'Spam/Troll'. What a life...
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:18 pm

By John, today to the min.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:21 pm

UNITEDAIR wrote:So DefconNews is Endless?

Remember who that is coming from UA.
ConflictEurope
level1
level1

Postby ConflictEurope » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:51 pm

Talking about a schizophrenic.

Colytic wrote:
EDIT: just found that Sicilian's been filing reports against Moth's topics as 'Spam/Troll'. What a life...
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:35 am

Why laika is demoted? I voted for that but the result of the election was to let him as mod...so why?

John, what happening in your mind? What he did to justify your action?

I know you will not answer but you should.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:27 am

Zorotama wrote:Why laika is demoted? I voted for that but the result of the election was to let him as mod...so why?

Laika is still a moderator, but most of his powers have been revoked. According to Vicious, he can now only edit posts (and view their details).

I'm told this decision was jointly reached by John and Vicious following a conflict between Vicious and Laika over unbanning a particular user.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:09 am

Along with Laika taking a leave of absence from the forum. He may be granted powers again in the near future if everything works out good.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:09 am

Colytic wrote:
Zorotama wrote:Why laika is demoted? I voted for that but the result of the election was to let him as mod...so why?

Laika is still a moderator, but most of his powers have been revoked. According to Vicious, he can now only edit posts (and view their details).

I'm told this decision was jointly reached by John and Vicious following a conflict between Vicious and Laika over unbanning a particular user.

Let's be clear here, and not vague. Laika had those powers revoked because Vicious unbanned Sicilian hound, and Laika kept rebanning him. So vicious got mad and went to John. And hound ended up getting banned anyways.

So all in all, Vic just didn't like that Laika had the some of the powers as him. So he went to daddy John to take care of that problem.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:33 am

Endless wrote:
Colytic wrote:

Let's be clear here, and not vague. Laika had those powers revoked because Vicious unbanned Sicilian hound, and Laika kept rebanning him. So vicious got mad and went to John. And hound ended up getting banned anyways.

So all in all, Vic just didn't like that Laika had the some of the powers as him. So he went to daddy John to take care of that problem.

Hound got banned after a vote to have him banned. A vote which never took place when he was banned under Kud or Laika. Just like there was never a vote with Baton till after the fact pretty much. The trigger finger itching of the ban button was used in a way by them whenever it felt personally right or got "offended" not necessarily an rules broken to be banned on here whether we go by the TOS or not. Has nothing to do with he had some powers I had, was the fact there was no communication when this went down originally and then now when I decided to take action. Why was Kud kicked out as a mod then? Because he abused his powers and banned baton for personal insults, nothing else nothing more. He took it personally and banned Baton, with SH he was caught to do terrible things make everyone look like idiots and was trying to run defcon by himself doing shady shit but was banned on the forum for doing what? Insults were thrown both ways, but then we go back to discussion over whether game actions should determine someones rights on here. We all know Laika apologized for the cheating he did, everyone well mostly everyone took his apology then he was made mod. With SH no one takes his apology because no one trusts him still, for each their own but fishy stuff has been committed by almost everyone yet everyone is still on the forums except him.

I'm not advocating his shitty behavior but it my position that the grounds for his forum ban was just because "no one likes him and he's a distrustful shithead" well that may be 100% true but that doesn't disqualify him to have a forum account. I believe if Neothermic was still around he would agree with me on this matter because he did not ban anyone unless they were a spam site or posted illegal sites. But it does not matter now because SH is banned again and will stay banned. If someone wants to re-open pandora's box it won't be me. Thing i've held my tongue long enough on this issue, I try to give everyone on the forum a voice and really do not like to ban anyone. As you can see Baton gives me the most shit but I enjoy it, I would never ban baton or anyone for that matter who's called me names *cough endless* who's a cheeky cunt, or CE who is well CE we see what he does. People only want the forum rules enforced when its for their only personal benefits and backing up their friends etc, well idc if I have any friends or not on here tbh if you all hate me I could care less but I like to run the forum in a very liberal open manner which is against all my beliefs and believe everyone deserves multiple chances if needed to show their worth... you can't just go banning people because you hate them and think they are a lying asshole even if they are one. That is no where in the forum rules and has never been enforced before SH's ousting. Unless you are paying for the forums and make the rules , can't just make them up for personal reasons. John agrees with me on all of this.

Also I have no bias on this issue really because I'm friends with people on both sides of it.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:48 am

That was a mouthful. You should split that shit up into paragraphs.

On the other side of the coin, what if the other owners don't agree with John? We should ask them.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:51 am

John is the board Adminstrator/Owner, that's his thing. I'm not sure lets say like another owner Chris has any power over him or not.

Return to “General”