John, tell us the truth

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Zorotama
level5
level5

John, tell us the truth

Postby Zorotama » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:14 am

Too much time is passed without clear words about clear decisions. And more I'm tired to "see" how the vic's mouth is faltering to say the silence.

In my opinion, John, this is the time to enlighten us, beyond the ambiguities, the haughtiness and maybe the lack of interest.

I think we all are worthy to receive a word from you...And able to judge it.
Endless
level5
level5

Re: John, tell us the truth

Postby Endless » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:35 am

jelco wrote:
Having said that, the Defcon forums suffer from a reputation problem. With all due respect to the therein active community members, it is really a separate part of the forums and one that I have always been very clear about not setting foot in as a moderator because I don't feel the slightest bit motivated to dig through some of the bullshit that happens over there (admittedly I'm not being overly objective here, but to be fair what you are reporting here is precisely the kind of stuff that many feel could only happen in the Defcon forums). .

The Defcon crowd simply has more problems with pouting abusive teenagers than e.g. Uplink and Multiwinia, and it has a slight tendency to take the self-ruling part to the more negative side of anarchy. Even then, though, user bans should still be considered a last resort, only ever used when well-founded and most of all discussed with other moderators before execution (and if a user is a repeat offender, every single ban should be proposed anew for discussion within the moderator team). Such a mentality would prevent situations such as this where a moderator is being accused of partiality: either the ban is not executed because no moderators agree, in which case the community is left to its own devices to handle the situation, or the ban is executed but there is a clear signal that multiple moderators agree so there is no reason to assume there were 'unprofessional' reasons.

Jelco

I think what Jelco said he here is probably resonated with rest of IV, including John, Chris, and Mark. John in particular has posted 3 times this year, and the others aren't much more active. I don't think we will get much help from them, no matter which side of the argument that you support. So when Vic says he's waiting to hear back from John, I believe him. That being said...

What will you (the side that supports Kud's removal) say when John finally does get back to us and decides to keep kudayta? I'd hope that you would be disappointed, but accept his decision is final. I know that is what we (the side the supports Kud) will do. He is The Man. What he says will go. If he want's Kud gone, he will be gone. If he wants him to stay, he will stay.

I have a feeling that the election was more to get a level on how bad things supposedly were. So the results that you see, may not be the results John was looking for. Hopefully, this clears a little bit up. I'm sure I'll get some retort as to how you guys think it should be and how something isn't fair or how you've been waiting long enough. Just be patient. These IV guys aren't here that much. Give them time.
Last edited by Endless on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:53 am

Things have already been switched by John, I'm just waiting for him to reply to my last pm.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:12 am

@endless

Stop to be so filling and nauseating with any kind of authority, you're covering yourself with ridicule and you still don't realize it.

John said to Vic many things that he can say to us in a minute.

About the rest..You are not that kind of honest man that "concedes truth to the truth", and more your intentions are not clean because if you really want to follow John's decisions simply you would be with me asking him a word, whatever decision he will say.

I can't say how will be my reactions to his decisions...this is a stupid question. I asked for a clear word, after that some guys tryed to slither in the ambigous (like you). And sure I am free to judge his future decisions.

Anyway, stop to noise now sonny, we all know your opinions..this is a request for an answer to John.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:53 am

Zorotama wrote:@endless

Stop to be so filling and nauseating with any kind of authority, you're covering yourself with ridicule and you still don't realize it.

John said to Vic many things that he can say to us in a minute.

About the rest..You are not that kind of honest man that "concedes truth to the truth", and more your intentions are not clean because if you really want to follow John's decisions simply you would be with me asking him a word, whatever decision he will say.

I can't say how will be my reactions to his decisions...this is a stupid question. I asked for a clear word, after that some guys tryed to slither in the ambigous (like you). And sure I am free to judge his future decisions.

Anyway, stop to noise now sonny, we all know your opinions..this is a request for an answer to John.

What do you know? Zoro is being passive aggressive again. I petition to have Zoro banned. I want a week long election for it, then wait on the results from Kudayta.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:34 am

Hahahahhaha...yeah! I would vote to ban zoro but John said to me that only fake accounts created today will be allowed and counted.

Tell you what you know, endy. Since the start of the election.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:24 am

Endless wrote:What will you (the side that supports Kud's removal) say when John finally does get back to us and decides to keep kudayta? I'd hope that you would be disappointed, but accept his decision is final. I know that is what we (the side the supports Kud) will do. He is The Man. What he says will go. If he want's Kud gone, he will be gone. If he wants him to stay, he will stay.

It's a fair question. I can only answer for myself, but this is how I feel.

I wouldn't personally accept a decision by John to retain kudayta. We know the desire of the majority of this community; for such a decisive result to be ignored would be not just wrong, but a bit bizarre. If that does happen, I expect it will because, so I suspect, John doesn't really care about us. Certainly he doesn't want to get involved in our politics. As long as the forum doesn't blow up in IV's face, it will do. Probably he just wishes we would quietly go away.

Now I said I wouldn't accept it...but this doesn't mean I would be able to do anything about it. Maybe, to use your phrase, piss and moan like I have always done, or perhaps just go.
ReflectionCoup
level2
level2

Postby ReflectionCoup » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:49 pm

@Colytic Thx for your PM. No, we didn't play before, I left about the time you signed up. Hope to see you soon in a game without the typical DefCon drama that is :-)

Return to “General”