***Please read this before casting your vote***

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Zorotama
level5
level5

Re: ***Please read this before casting your vote***

Postby Zorotama » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:57 pm

No. Kudayta constantly showed his unaptitude to be a moderator. There isn't simmetry between unbanning Baton e let kudayta in his position. Kudayta not only banned Baton but he did many efforts to hinder a real discussion about the ban and about his (of kudayta) behaviour, using his power for that, increasing the confusion and making harder to find an easy solution.
He has, obviously, the right to talk and show his ideas..but as a simple user.
I lost my trust on him, I'm sure he would abuse his power again if we let him as moderator. This story is very long, it isn't enough a simple apology right now.
Personally I hope that Kudayta will give his apologyes and Baton too..but the entire affaire show how kudayta cannot be a moderator (and obviously neither Baton).
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:30 pm

I think it is okay to be a user of the forum without having a dedicated opinion on the matter (as UA does).

I just wanna point out the implication of making a choice anyway.

On the apology part: I can only consider it as tactical at this point. A moderator who only moves if his ass in danger is worthless for the forums.
DizzeeRascal
level0

Postby DizzeeRascal » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:40 pm

There would be a lot less conflict on the forum if the ignore function exists :lol:
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:58 pm

trickser wrote:
On the apology part: I can only consider it as tactical at this point. A moderator who only moves if his ass in danger is worthless for the forums.

:P :roll:

...but hands on the wheel
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:15 pm

Endless wrote:LHH,

I've directed this at a couple other users so I will do the same to you, since none of the others can give me a response: Have you ever moderated a forum before?

Hi Endless,
Nope never been a moderator, But I have been a server admin since G6 went live and I know all about making decisions and being held accountable for them, and that is exactly what we are doing with Kudayta.

LHH
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:46 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:
Endless wrote:LHH,

I've directed this at a couple other users so I will do the same to you, since none of the others can give me a response: Have you ever moderated a forum before?

Hi Endless,
Nope never been a moderator, But I have been a server admin since G6 went live and I know all about making decisions and being held accountable for them, and that is exactly what we are doing with Kudayta.

LHH

So having been a server admin, you know what its like to be a forum moderator then? They are two completely different entities. But for conversation's sake, lets say they are directly related. Haven't you and your other admins banned players from your servers for griefing, breaking the rules, etc...? It would seem hypocritical do for you to criticize Kud for doing the same thing here.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:53 am

Fortunately endless is not an admin, although he believes to be.

Hypocritical what? In Italy we say "essere alla frutta"...to be at the fruit, i.e. the last dish in a big lunch. You are there, with no argument.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:59 am

The difference between forum and game admin is you don't need to take in people's opinions on certain bans, like when you see a person cheating who knows the rules etc.. They get a ban and the decision is absolute. The decisions on here obviously aren't absolute, I think of it like the situation in the USA right now where the police *forum mods* are being under heavy scrutiny by the African American community *forum majority* of if a criminal *baton* was shot *banned* under justifiable circumstances. Both sides have their opinions and thinks they are in the right but now the case has gone public and is being reviewed.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:19 am

DTNC Vicious wrote:The difference between forum and game admin is you don't need to take in people's opinions on certain bans, like when you see a person cheating who knows the rules etc.. They get a ban and the decision is absolute. The decisions on here obviously aren't absolute, I think of it like the situation in the USA right now where the police *forum mods* are being under heavy scrutiny by the African American community *forum majority* of if a criminal *baton* was shot *banned* under justifiable circumstances. Both sides have their opinions and thinks they are in the right but now the case has gone public and is being reviewed.

Hahahahaha...nice picture, but in this case the police man mod also broke the cameras, jailed the witnesses, hide the evidence, and pounded the demonstrators ..and when a judge sets free the man, he arrests him again outside the jail door. And when he is under judgment he tryes to add friends in the jury and when he failed to do that he finally tryes to apology to obtain an easy plea bargain.

I like your effort for a neutral image...but there is nothing neutral here.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:27 am

I've been a mod on Metal Archives forum a few years ago. We have fairly strong ethics. Never edit a word of posts and I haven't had to deal with much myself, mostly post links to junky sites where you can buy stuff.
I was invisible under a fake name I surface only when situations arise that do not seem likely to resolve themselves. At the same time, I enjoy my membership like any other member.

People on the internet can be very strange, and basic manners can go out the window, but I see no excuse for jumping the gun.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:24 pm

DTNC Vicious, the updates are wrong and why you locked the thread ?

Here the right results :

-----------|| Demote || Promote ||Same rank||
Vicious___||___1____||____1____||____27____||
Laika____ ||___5____||____0____||____23____||
kudayta__||_19+2*_||____0____||___9+9*___||

Real/Old voters : Hermaeus Mora, marct182, slowriot, UNITEDAIR, lacrosse1991, roflamingo, zTangyMarshmallows, tllotpfkamvpe, Endless, Rad Poison, beni!, LadySnowhitepink, henner , Zorotama, Eral, trickser, ibizi, Yellow Cake, Lord_Haw_Haw, Colytic, (MOR), Forever Young, atomic oracle, R3D, Ärstotzka, Legendary1, MAXtheMASTER and oldbull.

*Fake/Temporary/New users : Sgt_DeezNugs, Bubba_Tea77, Assault_Piggie95, PureXlinsanity, -sof2COOFIE-, Owenage, Kappa_Appa, Toomaus_Zeel, DizzeeRascal, redattack and FlakMaster_Steel.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:01 pm

(MOR) wrote:DTNC Vicious, the updates are wrong and why you locked the thread ?

Here the right results :

-----------|| Demote || Promote ||Same rank||
Vicious___||___1____||____1____||____27____||
Laika____ ||___5____||____0____||____23____||
kudayta__||_19+2*_||____0____||___9+9*___||

Real/Old voters : Hermaeus Mora, marct182, slowriot, UNITEDAIR, lacrosse1991, roflamingo, zTangyMarshmallows, tllotpfkamvpe, Endless, Rad Poison, beni!, LadySnowhitepink, henner , Zorotama, Eral, trickser, ibizi, Yellow Cake, Lord_Haw_Haw, Colytic, (MOR), Forever Young, atomic oracle, R3D, Ärstotzka, Legendary1, MAXtheMASTER and oldbull.

*Fake/Temporary/New users : Sgt_DeezNugs, Bubba_Tea77, Assault_Piggie95, PureXlinsanity, -sof2COOFIE-, Owenage, Kappa_Appa, Toomaus_Zeel, DizzeeRascal, redattack and FlakMaster_Steel.

:!:
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:25 pm

I missed two, still doesn't change the results. I locked if because you guys bringing up wrong topic in another thread.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:43 pm

DTNC Vicious wrote:Voting will be done and counted on Friday, December 4th.

Whatever your reasons, if you're not able to do your job well, let someone do it.

And please stop being shady about the results.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:17 pm

(MOR) wrote:
DTNC Vicious wrote:Voting will be done and counted on Friday, December 4th.

Whatever your reasons, if you're not able to do your job well, let someone do it.

And please stop being shady about the results.

Yeah, and unlock all threads and maybe unsticky some.

Return to “General”