RGeezy911 abusing admin privileges, please help

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Endless
level5
level5

Re: RGeezy911 abusing admin privileges, please help

Postby Endless » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:16 pm

Isidore wrote: and to all the guys in my anal introversion..

Lol what?
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:23 pm

Constipation maybe
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:33 pm

Why your umbilical cord spring from your ass?
Noryb
level2
level2

Postby Noryb » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:13 am

Endless wrote:This whole thread is defcon in a nutshell. Someone comes in that you don't like, so you bash them and bash them until they can't take anymore and leave.

A lot of you have shown your true colors, for the good and the bad. The most liberal player i know (Kud) seems to be the most conservative and the most conservative player I know (Vic) seems to be the most liberal.

This is a guy who admitted to never playing Defcon against anyone yet still feels entitled to dictate how the community functions. It's especially galling that this nobody went over the head of the most experienced mod to ban the best active player. I am all for him being bashed until he is never heard from again. Good riddance.

Honestly though, the ingame noob bashing (that is to say, crushing someone without giving any advice or encouragement) is far more harmful than any of this forum drama.

Colytic wrote:Zoro being banned is a travesty.

Most definitely. Same for Baton, as far as I'm concerned.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Noryb wrote:This is a guy who admitted to never playing Defcon against anyone yet still feels entitled to dictate how the community functions.

The forum is not the game. The game is not the forum. IV have moderators and admins who work to keep the *forums* functional, which means (mostly) deleting spam, banning spambots, and dealing with users who cannot adhere to the terms of service. People who are abusive or otherwise disruptive on the forums---regardless of their skill at Defcon---should be dealt with on the forums, and an interest in playing Defcon is irrelevant.

It seems that the problem here was not that Baton was banned, but that there was a lack of communication between the various mods and admins (which is a relatively serious problem, but I don't see why it needs to be bashed out in public---a few PMs probably would have solved the problem without all of this stupid forum drama).

Noryb wrote:It's especially galling that this nobody went over the head of the most experienced mod to ban the best active player. I am all for him being bashed until he is never heard from again. Good riddance.

Has this "best active player" been prevented from playing the game? No. He couldn't behave on the forums, and was therefore banned *from the forums*. Nothing stops him from continuing to play Defcon.

xander
Ärstotzka
level2
level2

Postby Ärstotzka » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:09 pm

Noryb wrote:This is a guy who admitted to never playing Defcon against anyone yet still feels entitled to dictate how the community functions. It's especially galling that this nobody went over the head of the most experienced mod to ban the best active player. I am all for him being bashed until he is never heard from again. Good riddance.

+1 Byron!
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:25 pm

xander wrote:
Noryb wrote:This is a guy who admitted to never playing Defcon against anyone yet still feels entitled to dictate how the community functions.

The forum is not the game. The game is not the forum. IV have moderators and admins who work to keep the *forums* functional, which means (mostly) deleting spam, banning spambots, and dealing with users who cannot adhere to the terms of service. People who are abusive or otherwise disruptive on the forums---regardless of their skill at Defcon---should be dealt with on the forums, and an interest in playing Defcon is irrelevant.

It seems that the problem here was not that Baton was banned, but that there was a lack of communication between the various mods and admins (which is a relatively serious problem, but I don't see why it needs to be bashed out in public---a few PMs probably would have solved the problem without all of this stupid forum drama).

Noryb wrote:It's especially galling that this nobody went over the head of the most experienced mod to ban the best active player. I am all for him being bashed until he is never heard from again. Good riddance.

Has this "best active player" been prevented from playing the game? No. He couldn't behave on the forums, and was therefore banned *from the forums*. Nothing stops him from continuing to play Defcon.

xander

The forum serves some functions to the players which the game can not provide. One of them is to debate with space for arguments, time to think and holding the content long enough for everybody interested to participate.

My problem is that RGeezy locks topics to prevent debates from ongoing. His agenda seems to be that silence is better then controversion. And to be frank, I think that is utterly stupid.

I was following his wish of communication by PMs a few times hoping to convince him per case of the importance of a debate. All I ever recieved was extensive politeness and little to no consideration regarding my requests to reopen it.

I had hoped the case of Sicillian Hound, where RGeezy seemed to be somewhat ashamed to have unknowingly helped by locking debates would have teached to care more about the content and less about the form.

Yet again he locked a topic. He intervented in a power struggle of our actual-player admins, arbitrary picking a side. Well I guess he has his reasons, and probably surprising, that is not my actual reason to complain.

The locking of the thread is what drives me nuts! It was a party of understanding and hugging, well let's just say it was quite the opposite of a flamewar. In itself, that was, the contex was more grim.

RGeezy locked the thread just to save himself from the debate which would follow his actions.

I want him to stop locking any threads here around, his judgement is off by miles. And I don't want to complain to him in private cause I will just recieve a shitload of super-polite I-don't-care again.

Cheers!
Isidore
level1
level1

Postby Isidore » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:49 pm

@xander

Baton is still banned. I think this is unfair, i.e. I think he disn't deserve to be censored because he was simply involved in a trash discussion with others. And defcon admins thinks that too. But he is still banned..

The only mod that thinks different is a mod involved in the same discussion. A mod absolutely unbalanced in his actions.

Please don't tell me the netiquette of the forum..it happened something different, if you want to watch it.
Maybe all this show is ridicolous, and I agree, but so they have to unban Baton...to make this show a little less ridicolous.
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:27 pm

I think these forums serve as an experiment to model contemporary politics. Fascinating to watch.

Return to “General”