Hiroshima and Nagasaki

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Re: Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Postby UNITEDAIR » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:56 am

trickser wrote: It makes no sense. You say there is no need to justify, but at the same time the whole post is nothing else but a justification.
However there would be no reason to justify if they declared war and thus they did anything they wanted. Just a couple of assholes right? So the we is important, isn't it?

Ah now I can talk about this.

You can interchange 'we' with 'usa gov' if that helps. I said that only to indicate that I am an American because someone was bound to ask. It's not a justification but rather a factual statement. Japan attacked America, and America shortly (within 24 hours I believe) declared war on Japan. These are facts you take note?

Now, my philosophy is that when two entities (countries) declare war on each other, all actions are equally (or equally unequally) morally justified in said war to win, a concept called Total War, hence why I said that America could do what ever they wanted to to obliterate Japan and vice versa. As a consequence, people who win a war often justify their actions saying it was necessary to win the war. This makes justification less of a moral issue than a strategic issue, both militaristic and political in nature. Now war tactics (especially historical ones) can be argued till one is blue in the face and is certainly not my forte. I believe you agree yes?

Return to “General”