Defcon not combatible with latest drivers and Windows 10

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Legendary1
level1
level1

Re: Defcon not combatible with latest drivers and Windows 10

Postby Legendary1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:02 pm

Defcon works fine on Windows 10 for me. I have AMD 8350 and GTX 760. No problems since upgrading to Windows 10. When using the standalone version of Defcon, I need to run as administrator if I want to change any settings and save them. Since my settings are all set up (graphics, name, auth key, etc), I don't have to run as administrator anymore. The Steam version doesn't seem to have this problem of needing to run as administrator to save changes. But Santa is coming soon to the Steam version who is known to crash the game if you don't nuke him, and smooth lines (in graphics options) don't work on the Steam version unless you hold down J on the keyboard.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:26 pm

From your knowledge...the J key for smooth lines is a bug or an option? And the smooth lines remain when I leave my finger from the J key?
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Legendary1 wrote:The Steam version doesn't seem to have this problem of needing to run as administrator to save changes. But Santa is coming soon to the Steam version who is known to crash the game if you don't nuke him, and smooth lines (in graphics options) don't work on the Steam version unless you hold down J on the keyboard.

Zorotama wrote:From your knowledge...the J key for smooth lines is a bug or an option? And the smooth lines remain when I leave my finger from the J key?

Only while you are holding it down.

If anyone's having issues with the Steam version, try downloading the retail demo from IV's website, and paste in your Steam key.
Legendary1
level1
level1

Postby Legendary1 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:23 pm

Steam version: "Smooth lines" option in graphics setting has no effect on the game. If I press and hold J in a game, smooth lines will turn on. When I release J, smooth lines turns off. It doesn't matter if "smooth lines" in graphics is on or off.

Non-steam version: "Smooth lines" option in graphics works as intended. Setting it to "on" turns on smooth lines permanently in game. Setting it to "off" turns off smooth lines permanently in game. Pressing J on the keyboard has no effect on the graphics at all, whether "smooth lines" option is on or off.

Return to “General”