Fyi

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Re: Fyi

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:35 pm

I want to apologize to the entire DEFCON community for my actions. I messed up badly, I hurt my friends that trusted me and in the process destroyed myself. I am solely to blame, I wish I could take it all a back but there is no reset button for what I did.

I want to say sorry to Coyltic, I was fucked up on weed & booze when I said most of those things, a lot of it was bullshit. Sorry you had to read that and then decide what to do with what I said. Speak up or stay silent?.. You did the right thing Colytic, I am sorry I put you in that position.

I have a ton of other people I need to say sorry to for the way I treated them & my total disregard for their privacy. My hopes that in time people can forgive me. I understand if people don't, I will just go on as best I can and try not to mess up badly again.

-SH

Edit:
Colytic wrote:maybe he is cutting himself off now
I am Colytic. Thank you DTNC for unbanning me from the forums. But I have no place here anymore, nor do I want to take part in the forums anymore. I will still play games not on G6 for obvious reasons, hope to see some of you in game. Best regards to all of you.
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Wat.
keger
level1
level1

Postby keger » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:57 am

Colytic wrote:25.05.15: http://pastebin.com/eEvDFZTj - 'taking over AKE...ssh'
26.05.15: http://pastebin.com/KMw28V3H - planning to set up honeypot/puppet servers

Not to get into your inside wars but FYI, everything about AKE is completely fabricated:

• As explained before, neither e-t172 nor myself had any need for the machine which hosted the Defcon servers anymore, and that's the only reason they went dark. We were hosting the servers on the side because they took literally no resources on the dedicated machine we rented, but when everything else was migrated the Defcon servers alone did not justify the rental cost. It's a purely internal decision and Defcon is just collateral damage, there was no agreement with anyone from the Defcon community.
  • Neither of us ever had any private conversation with Sicilian Hound (or anyone else for that matter) regarding the future of AKE servers. I did receive a private message from Lord_Haw_Haw on May 24th, but since he was only asking what Sicilian Hound already asked in the AKE thread (i.e. maintain the servers under the AKE name) I didn't reply and just answered directly in the thread that it would be stupid.
  • AKE is an acronym for our respective nicknames (e-t172, myself, and a third dude who doesn't play Defcon) so we can't really "transfer" the brand. Also, just because we're not hosting Defcon servers anymore doesn't mean we don't have other ongoing projects using that name. We're not dead, only our Defcon servers are.
  • The idea of "selling" anything is ludicrous. It might have made sense when we started and were broke college students, but today we both work as sysadmins with 6-digit salaries for Fortune 500 companies so we're not looking to make a buck here. We bought our own Defcon keys, financed the server all these years and never accepted donations (that was explicitly stated on our website).
  • I have no idea what he's referring to when he says "we have his shit". We've never sent anyone anything. The hardware was re-purposed, the recordings have always been publicly accessible (I also just posted a dump), the website and underlying processing scripts have never been shared with anyone, neither has the server config (but that can easily be reversed engineered), and the event files have never been kept (they were deleted as soon as the recordings were added to the website).
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:21 am

keger wrote:
26.05.15: http://pastebin.com/KMw28V3H - planning to set up honeypot/puppet servers

Not to get into your inside wars but FYI, everything about AKE is completely fabricated:

Don't worry, this was my interpretation of events (ie that he had literally nothing except a PM sent by LHH). What was important was what he said and/or believed. Anyway, thanks for the statement on the matter.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:23 pm

Colytic,
I can confirm that I did indeed contact keger,normally I would not post a pm, but my name was mentioned here,and as these are not normal times,full disclosure for my part in the ake matter.

Keger did not reply to me with a pm, but did answer on a post on his thread. I accepted what he said,that was that and I moved on. My reasons for contacting him were very simple,after SFCON went offline very suddenly and causing so much heartbreak,I felt that if I could do something to keep ake going I would. Below is my pm.

LHH

"Re: AKE servers shutting down on June 1st

Sent: Sun May 24, 2015 1:45 am
To: keger
Hi Keger,
I played alot on AKE defcon servers, I think that a lot of new players were introduced to defcon on AKE servers, they would draw their countries borders on the whiteboard and then role-play. :D Very fun Times!
I am a member of group 6 and we host SFcon and Quake recordings as well as our own and we are committed to operating dedicated servers. We are very active with are servers. I understand your reasons for pulling the plug on your servers. Too me and my friends in the group, AKE is too important, too not ask you this question, would you transfer AKE to us and let us keep it going?
If this is possible then write me back and if its not, then I say thank you, thank you for all the years of AKE servers.

LHH "

Colytic wrote:
keger wrote:

Don't worry, this was my interpretation of events (ie that he had literally nothing except a PM sent by LHH). What was important was what he said and/or believed. Anyway, thanks for the statement on the matter.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:28 pm

To clarify this was not an attack, Lord Haw Haw. I was simply saying that to my knowledge, the only interaction between AKE and GROUP 6 was a PM sent by you. And I did not make any commentary on that; it was just an observation.
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:20 pm

I just want to add that SH's allegations against yours truly and Abu are completely unacceptable and warrants an apology. We run stable servers, without snooping around in players' IPs and IDs, without any ambition of dominating the community, and with the outmost respect for privacy. Our servers might be little used at the time being, but they are safe, stable, and free of surveillance, IP collecting, and other breaches of the players' trust.

This thread is a bit uncanny. It's a game. To SH, Group 6 (and those associated): Enough with the intrigue and politics.

All the best,
MAX
(contemplating a comeback, but without the time for proper rehearsal)
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:10 pm

I apologize for everything that was said against you both,it was wrong and I am very sorry.

Sincerely
LHH

MAXtheMASTER wrote:I just want to add that SH's allegations against yours truly and Abu are completely unacceptable and warrants an apology. We run stable servers, without snooping around in players' IPs and IDs, without any ambition of dominating the community, and with the outmost respect for privacy. Our servers might be little used at the time being, but they are safe, stable, and free of surveillance, IP collecting, and other breaches of the players' trust.

This thread is a bit uncanny. It's a game. To SH, Group 6 (and those associated): Enough with the intrigue and politics.

All the best,
MAX
(contemplating a comeback, but without the time for proper rehearsal)

Return to “General”