slow player can not join Group6 servers

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Legendary1
level1
level1

slow player can not join Group6 servers

Postby Legendary1 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:29 pm

He can join them as a DEMO, but not with his regular CD key. Since he doesn't post on the forums, he asked me to post on his behalf. Why is he unable to join Group6 servers with his CD key? He said he will come back later to read the replies in this thread.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Re: slow player can not join Group6 servers

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:28 pm

This sounds like more of a problem on his end. If he/you would be kind as to let me know his/her name I can definitely help him/her. Otherwise I am of no help.
Last edited by Siсiliаn Ноundd on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary1
level1
level1

Postby Legendary1 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:50 pm

His name is "slow player" and he gets the message "kicked from server" when trying to join.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:57 pm

Okay I think I found his problem. I found him and his info. I UnBanned it in the server lobby. So if the problem still occurs this is most Definitely at his end. I would be more helpful if he would be willing to contact me or even communicate here Via Forums.
Last edited by Siсiliаn Ноundd on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rad Poison
level2
level2

Postby Rad Poison » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:02 am

Many (steamusers) had a similar problem some months ago: not getting authenticated.
Though it got fixed by IV, there is at least a workaround on http://steamcommunity.com/app/1520/disc ... 705336666/ that helped some of the players.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Yes didn't think about that Rad.. It could be the Meta Server acting up yet again... Many possibilities, but your not banned so it has to be at his end.
Last edited by Siсiliаn Ноundd on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:15 pm

The issue might be resolved as we don't have a response from slow player. But "kicked by server" is not caused by meta server. I think it can be high ping but most likley ban.

On sfcon I ran into such an issue after too many bans. Players would just be caught by IP adress bans not intented for them. I think it was General Ivan who had trouble with it, if you wanna search the forums for it.

Easiest way to figure would be slow player telling his IP adress when he gets the "kicked" message. Otherwise just search your data as if you would wanna ban slow player and make sure all IDs/IPs he uses are allowed to pass.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:07 pm

Hmm, lets say I just recently grabbed some data of around 40-80 IP/Keys for "Perma" Ban on the common config. But they are all 100 % the player I was Banning. I did some serious investigation and background checks on each of them to ensure I wasn't banning the wrong person or duplicate bans.

Also I have found Slow Player and his Info. Un banned it in server lobby a day ago now. So if the problem is still occurring it is not a ban.

This could also be our Lag prevention commands. The server will not let you in if you have a ping higher then 800-1000. Same for Packet Loss if it exceeds over 150 It will not let you in.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Sicilian Hound wrote:The server will not let you in if you have a ping higher then 800-1000.

That seems kind of extreme to not let someone in? I can definitely see from not playing in the game but to keep them out completely is insane.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:23 pm

Just to make sure you got my point:
Sicilian Hound wrote:But they are all 100 % the player I was Banning.

IP adresses are not exclusive to one player. Players from the same region might very well use the same adress at different times.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:42 pm

trickser wrote:IP adresses are not exclusive to one player. Players from the same region might very well use the same adress at different times.

Hmmm, okay I will get on that. Edit: But I un banned his info, so if the problem is still happening it cannot be because of all the bans I made on a players massive list of different assorts of IP's/Keys.

Endless wrote:That seems kind of extreme to not let someone in? I can definitely see from not playing in the game but to keep them out completely is insane.

The command we have in place is the MaxPacketLoss and MaxPing. From what I understand it just blocks them from playing and boots you to spec. But it could possibly block you from server entirely?

Heres what it says:

Code: Select all

# Players with high ping have a tendency to cry "lag" once the game has started and leave
# early. With the following setting, you can keep them out of the game. It's the maximum
# ping a player may have. It is only tested in the lobby, nobody gets kicked later because
# of a too high ping. The unit is milliseconds, one second is the default. You can disable
# the check by setting MaxPing to 0.
MaxPing 1000
Last edited by Siсiliаn Ноundd on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:43 pm

trickser wrote:The issue might be resolved as we don't have a response from slow player. But "kicked by server" is not caused by meta server. I think it can be high ping but most likley ban.

On sfcon I ran into such an issue after too many bans. Players would just be caught by IP adress bans not intented for them. I think it was General Ivan who had trouble with it, if you wanna search the forums for it.

Yea i remember having that issue over a year ago, i blame the pooptastic quality of my internet back then...

trickser wrote:Just to make sure you got my point:
Sicilian Hound wrote:But they are all 100 % the player I was Banning.

IP adresses are not exclusive to one player. Players from the same region might very well use the same adress at different times.

I swear i heard or read about a pair of players some months back who seemingly had almost identical IP addresses, but as they were not doing anything serious and as their play styles were pretty newbie like the issue was quickly dropped.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:48 pm

BETTER IDEA!!(: Why are we still pressing this issue. There is nothing we can do. ITs obviously not a pressing issue for him if he has not made a effort to contact me or anyone else.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:00 pm

Oops, just read Legendary said it is a CD key issue. So it basically is nonsense what I said about IP adresses in this case.
Rad Poison
level2
level2

Postby Rad Poison » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:18 pm

trickser wrote:Oops, just read Legendary said it is a CD key issue. So it basically is nonsense what I said about IP adresses in this case.

It could be both cases.
-CD-Key-Issue: Game doesn't get authenticated, defcon falls back to demo mode.
-IP/Networking-Issue: He couldn't join G6 servers, except Public Chat. If i remember correct, he complained there. Maybe Public Chat has more tolerant MaxPing and MaxPacketLoss settings than game servers?

Return to “General”