To the mods and admins of the forum

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Zorotama
level5
level5

To the mods and admins of the forum

Postby Zorotama » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:25 am

Nice guys, you are so smart to change the bad words of the bad guys with decent language, and to close bad threads to save us from idiocy...
But why you don't consider the idea to unstick the ridicolous endless personal list of favourite players (the thread is dead, and anyway not of general interest or general information)?
Why you don't consider to remove the tourney thread from the announcements part (there isn't a tourney anymore)?
Why you don't consider to show how reasonability can also improve the rationality of the words and not only to kill the vitality of the dialogues?

Just a suggestion
Laika
Site Admin

Re: To the mods and admins of the forum

Postby Laika » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:09 am

Removing bad words is part of IV forum rules, usually I see no good reason to put any more thought in this.
I considered, and I don't want to unstick it.
Same.
I don't care to remember details of further than Sicilian-Stealth Mode discussions, assuming you mean that one - I locked the thread because of bad words, I couldn't see any vitality in the dialogue to kill. Later I talked both with Sicilian and Stealth, it was initiative of each of them. I'm not obliged to inform anyone this discussion happened or what was it about.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:09 am

Don't be touchy, I was speaking in general. And please don't assume anything, is not in your power to intel beyond the words.

I simply find strange that many attentions are concentrate to moderate the level of discussion (right thing dear, calm your conscience) and no one attention reserved to some strange and meaningless form of threads: a personal list of favourite players stickyed (above all a list blocked since september) and a thread of a dead (it was never born?) tourney in the announcements part.

I don't confuse bad words with the vitality of the forum and neither I think that some average players have the power to kill the vitality (the vitality is gone for other reasons and maybe it will come back one day), I simply suggested some cleaning actions..less word not more, and more rationality and more order.

But sure, I think we have only to accept an average idea of order. The idea you can.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:43 am

Ok, I can give mod rights for you to empower your idea of exceptional order, better than average order. Tell me if you care to.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:50 am

Don't be touchy. You don't have the power to give me power.

And try sometimes to accept some suggestions, or part of them. Maybe these are CONdescendind moanings, as you said..but try to see if there is something safe beyond my face and my moanings.
Last edited by Zorotama on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:52 am

I'm tired of your condescending moaning.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:55 am

Don't be touchy.

Edit: and save us from idiocy
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:32 pm

Since this was mentioned, I might as well repeat my opinion. I am not a big fan of all those sticky threats because they surpress a rather beautiful natural mechanism.
New and interesting stuff floats on top because people posting to it raise it.

It's not a big deal for me to use the forum like it is now.
It's just that the unattended behavior seems far superior to me and I also would not have to accept what others define as important, because that seems to differ from person to person quiet a lot.

But it is not totally unreasonable like it is now and my brain is flexible enough, so, whatever, not really worth to fight for a change here.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:45 am

Zoro bud if you have any problems PM me , i still have the most pull with powers etc.....
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:22 pm

My propaganda thread was a sticky for a while and I was very grateful for the kind comments about the art ,but I was influenced by comments like the kind that are posted here that were posted on other threads at the time, that I asked to have it un-sticky. And I sometimes regret that, I cant put out the propaganda like I use too, every piece takes months, right now a few are going on a year, with no end in sight. And there is much more work to come and so many great players to put to the music.

LHH
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:58 am

LHH, and generally everyone..I don't want to waste words for a useless thing. Really is not a problem to stick or unstick a thread; about your thread maybe it's usefull for you and for the others to sticky it..

I am only surprised, as a member of the forum that jump here sometimes (rarely) to see the state of the forum, to see so much alacrity to control every single word of the members and zero attention to the ridicolous structure of the forum itself. How we can consider of general interest the personal list of favourite players of a member? A list not updated since the last September. I was for sticky it and also the old thread of forever young but now..

Why to still announce with trumpets and trombones a tourney that is obviously failed?

I tought moderators had also the duty (or willing) to preserve a rational structure of the forum (to move a thread in the right section, to evidence or unevidence a specific thread cause of general interest or not, and sure also to moderate the dialogues by the members).

Personally I took part to different flames in the past, I let my tongue free to say also some idiocyes but I also sent bad words in the right directions. Anyway I assure you that there were ever a sort of attachment for the members (that's why I upset to see for example that an old nice member become a craven spoiled starched ass). But it would have been (is it the right tense??) a mistake to cut all that flames cause the bad words in them. If there aren't trolling words there are right discussions.

Really I don't understand what happened in an unknown specific time but the result is not a good forum, not a good administration and not a good climate here (and bad words like mines contribute to it at the same level with the arrogance of the moderators).

Laika is tired of my moanings, I think is not interesting to know if he is tired or not. He has to do his job here and he has to accept if someone disagree with his idea, governor of my dick..
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:48 am

I agree wholeheartedly. There is no reason why one group of dedicated servers should get a sticky thread, and why Endless' laughable "top 25" list should get any attention at all. Let the forum live more naturally.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:22 pm

MAXtheMASTER wrote:group of dedicated servers.

I'm not taking down my thread, its not up to you or anyone but me who stickied it, "moan" all you want(: Of course Mods/Admins can do as they please too.

Irregardless this hole subject is not a significant matter to even bother. The Mod/Admins already do great job. All for free may I remind you, they really are entitled to do nothing or whatever they want blah blah blah...

UNITEDAIR wrote:Image
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:10 pm

I don't want to unstick either of threads if they promote, even just with marginal success, in-game action. Ranking is about competiteveness, if a player spent time and effort to learn the game - it's ok if he wants that to be recognized, on a forum dedicated to that very game. I'm fine with current list unless a better one appears. I don't know about the tourney, I guess it still has some merit.

Really I don't understand what happened in an unknown specific time but the result is not a good forum, not a good administration and not a good climate here

Lack of players happened. Do you expect the mods to fix that ?
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:45 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General”