****New Tournament****

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

****New Tournament****

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:14 pm

Recently it seems a good number of people have been playing lately kindaaaa....So was wondering if anyone else out there would be interested in a 2v2 tourney if it was setup nicely etc..Personally I know a couple who would be down for this, just wondering everyone else's thoughts. Also, don't give me BS answers, I want a straight up "Yes, sounds like a good idea" or "No, blah blah blah."

-Vic
Endless
level5
level5

Re: ****New Tournament****

Postby Endless » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:26 pm

Perma teams? Single elimination?
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:15 am

Well I could host the Tournament for everyone. I have quit a track record when it comes to these things.. :D

Past tourneys I hosted:
2v2 Tournament: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46009
1v1 Tournament: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47984&p=563112&hilit=tourny#p563112
Diplomacy Tournament: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9025&hilit=tourny
3v3 Tournament: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8985&hilit=tourny

Even more better Group 6 could most likely host the Tournament Server too. That way there will be Recordings of the Tournaments so if anyone suspects foul play we can re watch. Recordings are a MUST in Tournaments. Along with my ability to announce/sticky threads for the Tournament too.

The only problem is the lack of players willing to stick it through or even stay for the first match even. Advertising could work. Could have all Group 6 server bots say when you join in lobby "JOIN THE TOURNEY", and when the game starts the bot can say "JOIN THE TOURNEY" too. (Something along the lines, not all caps ect.)

There is also a Group called Defcon Generals where all or most active Defcon players are. Over 40+ active members. I am a officer on there and can make a announcement on the steam Group for it as well.

So pretty much need the green light and this baby will be up in action in Mins. Already have everything from past Tourneys, rules, rankings, brackets, and the know how.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:38 am

Sicilian Hound wrote:Well I could host the Tournament for everyone. I have quit a track record when it comes to these things.. :D

Past tourneys I hosted:
2v2 Tournament: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46009
1v1 Tournament: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47984&p=563112&hilit=tourny#p563112
Diplomacy Tournament: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9025&hilit=tourny
3v3 Tournament: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8985&hilit=tourny

Even more better Group 6 could most likely host the Tournament Server too. That way there will be Recordings of the Tournaments so if anyone suspects foul play we can re watch. Recordings are a MUST in Tournaments. Along with my ability to announce/sticky threads for the Tournament too.

The only problem is the lack of players willing to stick it through or even stay for the first match even. Advertising could work. Could have all Group 6 server bots say when you join in lobby "JOIN THE TOURNEY", and when the game starts the bot can say "JOIN THE TOURNEY" too. (Something along the lines, not all caps ect.)

There is also a Group called Defcon Generals where all or most active Defcon players are. Over 40+ active members. I am a officer on there and can make a announcement on the steam Group for it as well.

So pretty much need the green light and this baby will be up in action in Mins. Already have everything from past Tourneys, rules, rankings, brackets, and the know how.

All of that would be great, and appreciated !

and @Endless, I think single elimination wouldn't be good for most people
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:21 am

Douse this sound okay:

Code: Select all

Rules:

1. Nicknames will be registered as your "common" game name. You may not play under different Aliases.

2. There will be no rage quitting.

3. Any forum of cheating is Prohibited and will lead to a ban from the server.

4. At the end of each game, you must take a screenshot of the stats and post it here.

5. Restarts/Drops/Pause:

Territory selection is random. No player shall select a territory before the game starts. But the exception of a game is restarted. Then players have to select the same territories they got from the initial random draw.
    Players may pause the game at start to discuss strategies for a few minutes (max 5 min).
    If a player drops or quits before Defcon 3 the game will not count, but the territory selection is set for the restart.
    A player may choose to abort a game shortly after Defcon 3, for a legitimate reason. But the tourney authority will decide weather it was or not.
    If players drop/quit after Defcon 3 other players have to keep the game paused to allow reconnection for a fair amount of time. 10 minutes for the minimal wait time. 30 Minutes for the maximum time to wait.
    If a player doesn't reconnect the game shall be finished with the cpu-replacement player and the result will count as is.
    Exploiting pause/drop/restart rules to gain an advantage WILL result in a disqualification.

6. Playing dates:

All games within a certain round have to be finished by a set date. The date will be announced in the official tour thread.
    The teams are responsible to make up thier meeting on thier own. If the game wasn't finished until the date, the authority may set up a final meeting date.
    If only one team shows up, it will win the game, if no team shows up both teams are disqualified and the opponent of the next round gets a free ride.

DTNC Vicious wrote:and @Endless, I think single elimination wouldn't be good for most people

Note we need to come up with what we are going with. (: So its settled Single elimination? Is there a sole victor or is it a team victory? Possibly add up scores of teammate and witch ever team adds up most points win?

My favor would be team victory to stomp out point hogging and such. This way no complicated math formula or no complicated brackets are needed, just a simple team victory by adding up both teammates scores and compare to other team, witch ever team adds up most points wins the round?

Lastly, as soon as we are all settled on what is what I will go ahead and sticky the sign up thread and get it rolling. But not going to go through unless I have at least 18 or 22 players to make it a even Tourny with a reasonable amount of players.
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:19 am

I think he means a 1v1 tourney. Also imo 1v1 tourneys will probably be easier to arrange, no waiting around for your ally at all as you would in a 2v2 tourney to arrange a set match, and then the extra bit of more hassling when the game ends up not counting due to player having to leave or whatever and then arranging for another game in every ones spare time.

But if you want 2v2's then fine. Just expect more hassling with the organizing. :)
Rad Poison
level2
level2

Postby Rad Poison » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:06 am

No, blah blah blah.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:33 am

Sicilian Hound wrote:Douse this sound okay:

Code: Select all

Rules:

1. Nicknames will be registered as your "common" game name. You may not play under different Aliases.

2. There will be no rage quitting.

3. Any forum of cheating is Prohibited and will lead to a ban from the server.

4. At the end of each game, you must take a screenshot of the stats and post it here.

5. Restarts/Drops/Pause:

Territory selection is random. No player shall select a territory before the game starts. But the exception of a game is restarted. Then players have to select the same territories they got from the initial random draw.
    Players may pause the game at start to discuss strategies for a few minutes (max 5 min).
    If a player drops or quits before Defcon 3 the game will not count, but the territory selection is set for the restart.
    A player may choose to abort a game shortly after Defcon 3, for a legitimate reason. But the tourney authority will decide weather it was or not.
    If players drop/quit after Defcon 3 other players have to keep the game paused to allow reconnection for a fair amount of time. 10 minutes for the minimal wait time. 30 Minutes for the maximum time to wait.
    If a player doesn't reconnect the game shall be finished with the cpu-replacement player and the result will count as is.
    Exploiting pause/drop/restart rules to gain an advantage WILL result in a disqualification.

6. Playing dates:

All games within a certain round have to be finished by a set date. The date will be announced in the official tour thread.
    The teams are responsible to make up thier meeting on thier own. If the game wasn't finished until the date, the authority may set up a final meeting date.
    If only one team shows up, it will win the game, if no team shows up both teams are disqualified and the opponent of the next round gets a free ride.

DTNC Vicious wrote:and @Endless, I think single elimination wouldn't be good for most people

Note we need to come up with what we are going with. (: So its settled Single elimination? Is there a sole victor or is it a team victory? Possibly add up scores of teammate and witch ever team adds up most points win?

My favor would be team victory to stomp out point hogging and such. This way no complicated math formula or no complicated brackets are needed, just a simple team victory by adding up both teammates scores and compare to other team, witch ever team adds up most points wins the round?

Lastly, as soon as we are all settled on what is what I will go ahead and sticky the sign up thread and get it rolling. But not going to go through unless I have at least 18 or 22 players to make it a even Tourny with a reasonable amount of players.

Still thinking about the single elimination, but 2v2 or 1v1... Yes 1v1 would be easier to organize etc... But we will have to see what the overall consensus is on which one to pick.

Team victory will work yes, with regarding to point hogging and making it easier to determine who wins.
atomic oracle
level2
level2

Postby atomic oracle » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:08 am

not interested.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:35 pm

Well 1v1 would be much nicer. Easier to get it stared, easier to get people, easier to organize.

Side note Group 6 members didn't support me. Witch isn't a problem I can make it work without them. I have almost a unlimited list of contacts I can go through over the many years I been around. (: Possibly just use VSJ website. I can host my own server with my own key no problem.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:55 am

Alrighty, 1v1 it is then !
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:34 am

Just got confirmation from VSj that we will have a Recoding website just for the Tournament. The server isn't a problem, I have a key and the knowledge on how to make it and such. So its all a green light, the sign up thread is announced and once we have our quota for players the Tourny will start right after.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:37 am

Awesome, sounds good ! Let's just hope we get the quota
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:40 am

DTNC Vicious wrote:Awesome, sounds good ! Let's just hope we get the quota

Yes hope we do get the quota. I posted a announcement on the Defcon Generals Group for steam. Over 40+ Active members so hope we ketch some.

You may sign up for Tournament here: 1v1 Tournament Sign Up
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:31 am

ill be recruiting as many peeps as i can

Return to “General”