General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

METASERVER FIXED!!!

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:47 pm

In the bottom right hand corner of Defcon it says,
We have just updated the Metaserver to fix some connection issues. Please email Suport@Introverion.Co.Uk if you are still having trouble.
John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Re: METASERVER FIXED!!!

Postby John » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:55 pm

I have been investigating this problem and I have found that our metaserver has been losing its connection to Steam fairly regularly. During the time that it takes to re-establish the connection, the metaserver stalls completely causing other requests not to be serviced.

I've applied a fix to the metaserver to workaround this problem so that it shouldn't stall anymore. We're still investigating why the connection drops in the first place.

Fingers crossed it's fixed now, but please do let me know if you're still experiencing difficulties.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:05 pm

John wrote:I have been investigating this problem and I have found that our metaserver has been losing its connection to Steam fairly regularly. During the time that it takes to re-establish the connection, the metaserver stalls completely causing other requests not to be serviced.

I've applied a fix to the metaserver to workaround this problem so that it shouldn't stall anymore. We're still investigating why the connection drops in the first place.

Fingers crossed it's fixed now, but please do let me know if you're still experiencing difficulties.

Good. Now bring me back a sammich. And some beer.

jk thanks for the help.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:23 pm

Big thanks!! I thought you forgot about us. :(
Group 6
level1
level1

Postby Group 6 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:19 am

Thank you.
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:07 am

John wrote:I have been investigating this problem and I have found that our metaserver has been losing its connection to Steam fairly regularly. During the time that it takes to re-establish the connection, the metaserver stalls completely causing other requests not to be serviced.

ABOUT GOD DAMN TIME JOHN!!! :D
VSj
level2
level2

Steam problems?

Postby VSj » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:13 pm

Can anyone tell me about the current situation with Steam authentication problems? I remember seeing some discussion about Steam users being forced to [DEMO] even though they've paid for the game.

I don't use Steam personally but a friend just purchased the game and can't get it to authenticate.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Had no problems whatsoever after server list fix.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:06 pm

I dont use steam but from reading about the topic: it seems to me to be a good idea to trigger a re-auth by deleting the demokey, otherwise you are stuck with the demokey until steam issues a re-auth itself, which will take quiet some time. Might be nonsense, thought.
Rad Poison
level2
level2

Postby Rad Poison » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:03 pm

VSj wrote:Can anyone tell me about the current situation with Steam authentication problems? I remember seeing some discussion about Steam users being forced to [DEMO] even though they've paid for the game.

I don't use Steam personally but a friend just purchased the game and can't get it to authenticate.

After writing to support@introversion.co.uk and adding a post to this thread on steam http://steamcommunity.com/app/1520/disc ... 705336666/ Introversion fixed the problem. It was fixed on a saturday! Though the problem occurs to many players i guess the fix has to be done individually, because ?steam? issued a new 'game-key' that does fully authenticate defcon for me now again, others still have problems.

Have a look at that discussion on steam to get a clearer picture.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:14 am

Yeah, I've been having problems with high latency on the metaserver and on individual games for the last week. As usual, my primary hypothesis is my terrible ISP

Return to “General”