SENATOR STILL LIVES!!!! and I'm a comunist..

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Re: SENATOR STILL LIVES!!!! and I'm a comunist..

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:13 pm

lol, Endless it was unlikely to be me in reality.

RGEEZY - do as you feel, it's obvious that you take your volunteer position seriously enough to dare enter the Introversion Defcon forums and attempt to moderate them so kudo's. In my rather caustic fashion I was suggesting you obviously don't have the maturity/life experience to do anything of use here. Your dealing with people who are old-school gamers who are addicted to this forum and game. In some way we are like a kind of weird internet "family" all treating each other like crap and then missing people because we don't see them online anymore. A lot of us have been using the internet since the blue band of free speech day's and resent having a platform we love "censored" in any way at all! Yes it means that we are extreme and the game we discuss and bitch at each other about is also extreme - It is after all a war game and all of here have had to suffer the pain of simulated megadeaths many many times over. You won't get it ever - unless of course you choose to spend the next 2 years as Batons disciple as he teaches you the game and humiliates you for his own sick bitter kicks. Baton is actually a pretty sweet guy and although he may Hate America (most of us Europeans do) he's a LEGEND of Defcon. You Yanks need to seriously calm down and not take his baiting seriously. Christ you all remember the 2nd world war saga on here! :)
Last edited by RGeezy911 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for content. Removed image.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:01 am

Last edited by RGeezy911 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:09 am

RGeezy911 wrote:Please don't tell me I'm wasting my time here...

Yes you are. Do a favor to all of us and remove yourself from here and go to delete somewhere else other people posts.

RGeezy911 wrote:And the real absurdity here is the fact that Baton101 enjoys the idea of seeing people die via bombings and exposure to radiation.

Infact I wish that only to Endless and Kudayta :mrgreen:
Last edited by Baton101 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:12 am

If there are no mods, you guys can start swimming in spam / advertisements, deal with the random troll that decides to derail all of your discussions, deal with the random racist that drops by to insult you, and watch the whole board fail.

This was exactly the reason why a mod was elected on this board around 2 years ago. Second, active, mod is also a long time player from this community. I believe moderation of subforum proved to be capable to get rid of spam and random trolls, and there was a kind of silent agreement that as long as we can handle our troubles, global admins stay out of there.

much more useful tool for the developers to use in the long run.

It's a subforum devoted to a 8 year old game which support was abandoned couple of years after release, and I'm sure most of local users don't play other games of the developer. I hope you can understand why I personally don't care of how useful this subforum is for IV as a tool to use, and would rather see the community itself being happy.

I agree with Moth on this one,
Prison Architect happennd and the guys at introversion recruited loads of moderators to help clean up the forums as they get a lot of through traffic now and wanted some of the more weird stuff cleaned up as the company is in the spotlight.

Perhaps I would do the same, and there is still hierarchy of admins with one of the developers at top, but I still prefer the subforum left to it's own devices.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:32 am

Last edited by RGeezy911 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:54 am

It just didn't seem "happy" anymore. Baton101 seemed to instigate most of the hostile arguments, and the issue wasn't getting resolved, so I stepped in as an attempt to make discussions here more meaningful.

That's reasonable. And I wouldn't like it to be an elite club of old farts, that would be much more detrimental for subforum than admin action. You are as welcome as anyone else here for me.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:55 am

Laika_rus wrote:
Zorotama wrote:and also take care of Laika, he uses to eat in your dish

lol, I'm not a communist.

But you are a cheater.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:57 am

Zorotama wrote:
Laika_rus wrote:

But you are a cheater.

And you are too lazy to find a better analogy.
:)
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:59 am

Hahahahha!! Touché..
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:04 am

Zorotama wrote:
Laika_rus wrote:

But you are a cheater.

He is communist atheist scum who dislikes Putin which makes him a traitor too to his own people :mrgreen:
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:35 am

How can I appreciate an imperialist and anti democratic guy like putin?
Comunism is not the negation of rights and democracy...comunism is the realization of it.
When you see a so called "comunist" you need to ask yourself: I would be more or less free with him? If your answer is "no" surely is not a comunist.
I know the big misunderstanding that stalinism caused..but USSR was comunist like Hitler was democratic, like Bush was disciple of Jesus.

The ideology, the demagogy used in a political war really are other things. Hitler talked frequently about the freedom of people...but noone here thinks that "freedom" in his mouth means something really. I don't know why generally we believe in Stalin's mouth when he said "comunism".
It's easy.. There was not comunism there but only demagogy and a mask to hide a dictature. Like in China, in the past and now too.

Marx described comunism not like a state, a stable condition, but like a movement, a dinamic flow...voted to better conditions for humans.
The problem is neither the private property (he talked about the property of the means of production...not about our personal properties) but above all the goal of humans works.

The experience of northern europe walfare state are the best approssimation to marx idea (sure, only an approssimation...not the realization). Better work conditions, attentions to humans needs, less hours per day to work, good rights for women, for mothers, good researches and investments for public healt care..and generally a culture that consider to take advantage of science and techniques for the community.
North europe obviously is not perfect...I know, because it's not comunist. But as comunist I recognize some progressive elements in it, while russia, china..these are backwards of the civilization. Or like Lenin said...there are example of capitalism that become imperialism like its extreme stage.

I suggest to read Marx, you will find him interesting..
Mr.Cows
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Cows » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:57 am

Baton you promised, that you wont write to this forum anymore. Why should we even take your words for anything if you cant even keep a simple promise like that?
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Mr.Cows wrote:Baton you promised, that you wont write to this forum anymore. Why should we even take your words for anything if you cant even keep a simple promise like that?

[screened and edited for personal insults]
Mr.Cows
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Cows » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:40 pm

This is just sad.
If you are an adult like you say and Im a child, then how come I behave like an adult and you behave like a child?
Last edited by Mr.Cows on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:43 pm

[screened, edited. more insults]

Mr.Cows wrote:If you are an adult like you say and Im a child, then how come I behave like an adult and you behave like a child?

Its because we always want to be the opposite from what we are in life hehe. For example you are trying to be an adult but you are little innocent puppy. I wanna be a child because i miss that :mrgreen:

Return to “General”