SENATOR STILL LIVES!!!! and I'm a comunist..

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Re: SENATOR STILL LIVES!!!! and I'm a comunist..

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:55 am

well we (me and Baton) just had a game on VSJ (he won of course) REC
so he is still on game at least.

CZA - you really are too delicious for words a concern troll is eggcellent.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:26 am

Zorotama wrote:useless to talk with you

Edit: endy, you don't stop to lose chances to do the right thing. But you will remain anyway a noob.

What are you talking about? Do the right thing? I have nothing to do with this.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:24 pm

kudayta wrote:Well, I didn't use my moderation powers as a weapon, I used them to maintain the standards of discourse on this subforum. And I will continue to do so.

And I don't value freedom of speech only on holidays. That's another patently ridiculous claim.

Really trickser, you stepped up to defend your friend, and that's admirable. Then you saw what your friend was doing, and even you were shocked. Knock of the defense of this guy.

Interestingly enough, I hardly can't think of anybody here around as a friend. The inital shock was to see two of them sunken in violence, brutal enough so that one of them seems to be gone now.

So as a friend I wanna understand the motivations of them. (That statement btw could have been a nice follow up to laikas question about facebook friend algorithmns). But of cource that's damn hard if half the posts are missing.

And yes Baton is worrying me. In my memories he is at times the most sober person around here, and I wonder whats the reason for Baton to put up such a fuss.
I guesstimated a plausible story. There was a big flood in croatia a few months back, I think it directly affected about 50% of the country, so there is quiet some chance it had terrible concequences for Batons real life. So Batons post could just be an expression of pain with the deeper twist of criticising the lack of attention for that big national catasthrophe, while the war mongers don't stop to get the attention of the international news.

I don't mind to listen to Batons pain, specially cause there is nothing else I could do for him, generally cause it's included in my friendship.

But that might be nonsense, and then I would look ridiculous, but I don't seem to have a chance anymore to get any closer to the truth.

And about your motivation, if it's just that your are disgusted by conspiracy theory like usa bashing, I can pretty well understand it. I literally wanna puke if I have to read any nazi adoration, even if it just was used relatively naive as the stronger insult in a meanigless brawl. And that's even 70 years in the past and still affecting me.

But excuse me Kudayta, my guesstimations suggest Batons story to be the more important to me for now.

So how can I get answers to my questions?
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:34 am

Maybe LSWP can help you there trickser. I don't know though.
Little worm
level3
level3

Re: I'm comunist

Postby Little worm » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:05 pm

Mr.Cows wrote:Baton. No one in this community is with you on the bullshit you write here. Both sides are equally bad and guilty of things. How stupid do you have to be in order not to understand that?

Edit: Oh and you clearlydidnt understand what Zoro was talking about. I agree with him too, but I dont agree with you because you are talking about different things.

I`m totally agree with Baton,so he is not alone.Wish all NATO to burn in hell and waiting my time to kick some US arses.
R.i.P Yugoslavia,Iran,Iraq and all countries suffered from USA shitty plans.
Endless
level5
level5

Re: I'm comunist

Postby Endless » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:51 pm

Little worm wrote:
Mr.Cows wrote:Baton. No one in this community is with you on the bullshit you write here. Both sides are equally bad and guilty of things. How stupid do you have to be in order not to understand that?

Edit: Oh and you clearlydidnt understand what Zoro was talking about. I agree with him too, but I dont agree with you because you are talking about different things.

I`m totally agree with Baton,so he is not alone.Wish all NATO to burn in hell and waiting my time to kick some US arses.

Well, now you are the only one. Since baton has been banned, you must fight this battle yourself! (that is if you come around more than every 6 months.)
A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:26 pm

Can't say I have ever been a fan of US foreign policy either.

Most Europeans (myself included) don't really like American's in general when you talk to them. Bush is like a 4 letter swear word in my house and I have nothing but contempt for your global fantasy wars on "drugs" and "terrorism" which we are forced to support. You are a young country with no real culture yet, apart from Detroit Techno, Poker and Southern Fried Chicken I couldn't give a rats arse for the US. Nearly everything you have has been imported, stolen or borrowed from other cultures, I think it will take you 1000+ years before you have a culture that's truly established and rich. BTW I have visited your country as well back in the 90's through work and found most people to be false and untrustworthy. Its like you tell 1000 lies in a day and when pulled up on one you pretend "you cannot recall", that's just my personal opinion though but I think I can safely say most Europeans have similar views about America when you talk to them with no Americans present!

I just generally can't be bothered to get into arguments or slate American's on the internet because its been done to death before - we have a saying here "give the baby his rattle".

:mrgreen:
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:05 pm

A8U51V3 M0TH wrote:Most Europeans (myself included) don't really like American's in general when you talk to them. Bush is like a 4 letter swear word in my house and I have nothing but contempt for your global fantasy wars on "drugs" and "terrorism" which we are forced to support.

Yes, and because the United States is a homogenous mass of undifferentiated people, your views are not shared by a single person in the US, let alone what is very possibly a majority of Americans.

Oh, wait. The US is not a homogeneous groups. There are a lot of Americans who also regard "Bush" as a four letter word and think that the "wars" on dugs and terror are asinine and contemptuous. There are a lot of people here who wish that the US would stop meddling in the affairs of other nations (in much the same way that I am sure that there are some Russians who would prefer that their government not get them involved in a war in the Ukraine). But I guess it is just easier and more fun to stereotype people and attack straw men.

A8U51V3 M0TH wrote:You are a young country with no real culture yet apart from Detroit Techno, Poker and Southern Fried Chicken I couldn't give a rats arse for the US. Nearly everything you have has been imported, stolen or borrowed from other cultures...

You adopt a superior, knowing tone, yet you are only displaying your own ignorance. I could just as easily say that England has no cultural artifacts of value apart from Doctor Who, blood pudding, and double decker busses and that all English culture is basically stolen or borrowed from the French and Germans. Similar idiotic statements can be made about any group.

Culture is an emergent property groups of humans. Every group of any size has a shared culture which, since groups rarely live in isolation, borrows and steals elements from others.

A8U51V3 M0TH wrote:BTW I have visited your country as well back in the 90's through work and found most people to be false and untrustworthy. Its like you tell 1000 lies in a day and when pulled up on one you pretend "you cannot recall"

With the attitude that you display, it is no wonder you feel that way. If you go anywhere with a bunch of preconceived notions of how people are going to behave and how they are going to treat you, it is little wonder that you get exactly what you expected. But hey, we all know that Americans are the only people that go to other countries and act like assholes, so, yeah... I guess all Americans really are a bunch of liars.

xander
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:18 am

Little worm wrote:

I'll reiterate in case anyone is still confused:

There's a huge difference between being critical of US foreign policy, and advocating illogical conspiracy theory nonsense and/or anti-US propaganda.

I'm willing to bet even Endless is critical of some aspects of US foreign policy. I certainly am critical of US foreign policy.

What Baton was doing was just factually incorrect. And then to top it off, he acted like a dick when being corrected.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:10 pm

kudayta wrote:I'm willing to bet even Endless is critical of some aspects of US foreign policy. I certainly am critical of US foreign policy.

Very much so. For example, children are being beheaded by ISIS. We decided to drop bombs on a couple trucks and artillery sites. I am in no way encouraging another invasion or putting boots on the ground in Iraq, but we could be more profficient with our targets. This is just one example.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Endless wrote:... children are being beheaded by ISIS.

Be careful with that claim. Its veracity is uncertain.

xander
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:47 pm

xander wrote:
Endless wrote:... children are being beheaded by ISIS.

Be careful with that claim. Its veracity is uncertain.

xander

Regardless if children being beheaded is true, your source vehemently identifies ISIS as slitting the throat on a woman publicly. I can also from my computer at home show heads of women being staked by ISIS. (On a work computer.) If they are willing to do that on people just because their religous beliefs then the probability of them killing children is high, and we shouldn't sit here and watch.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Endless wrote:Regardless if children being beheaded is true, your source vehemently identifies ISIS as slitting the throat on a woman publicly. I can also from my computer at home show heads of women being staked by ISIS. (On a work computer.) If they are willing to do that on people just because their religous beliefs then the probability of them killing children is high, and we shouldn't sit here and watch.

I agree that ISIS is an awful organization, no doubt guilty of many atrocities. I just think that you should be careful making accusations that you can't back up (isn't that, after all, what Baton was doing and what got him in trouble?).

xander
A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:39 pm

its good that you Americans are so proud of your country after all you have to live there. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sc ... ted_States
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:57 pm

A8U51V3 M0TH wrote:its good that you Americans are so proud of your country after all you have to live there. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sc ... ted_States

Stawman (I don't think that I made any comment regarding being "proud" of my country), stawman (I don't think that I have made any comment about school shootings, and if I were, I would note that due to to piss poor gun control laws, a colleague of mine was killed last year in a school shooting, so fuck you and your implied accusation,) and tu quoque. What is your point?

xander

Return to “General”