GROUP 6, Recent server changes

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Re: GROUP 6, Recent server changes

Postby kudayta » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:00 am

Since the Group 6 account is a shared account, which Hound and Oracle lied to me about, I've banned it.

If you guys want to post news about your servers, use your normal forum accounts. And don't lie to me.

edit: I may have jumped the gun there, it's possible that Oracle didn't know his Group 6 account was compromised.
atomic oracle
level2
level2

Postby atomic oracle » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:27 am

wow this is embarrassing, I created the group 6 account and im the only one who posts on it. I don't understand what a shared account is, had I known that it is against introversion forum policy to air the views of other indeviduals besides myself I wouldn't of created it. im sorry fellow players and please forgive me.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:30 am

atomic oracle wrote:wow this is embarrassing, I created the group 6 account and im the only one who posts on it. I don't understand what a shared account is, had I known that it is against introversion forum policy to air the views of other indeviduals besides myself I wouldn't of created it. im sorry fellow players and please forgive me.

Well, you weren't the only one that posted from that account. It was compromised by Haw Haw and Hound. If anything, they owe you an apology. And if they obtained your login information without your knowledge, they'll be lucky to get through this without being banned and prosecuted.
atomic oracle
level2
level2

Postby atomic oracle » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:17 am

Here is the straight story. The group 6 account was set up by Haw Haw beause I don't know how to do it, that is no excuse. Sicilian hound has posted on the account and that is my fault for breaking the account rules, I didn't know those rules were in place but ignorance is not an excuse either. had we relised that we were doing wrong we would not have gone down that path, what is there to gain from us doing it. I just wish we had read the account rules first to avoid this punishment now. maybe the forum administrators and moderators can see that we have learned from our errors and let me continue with the group 6 account. If not I understand. Don't punish hound and haw haw they didn't know the rules either. I was the one that broke them.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:21 am

Ok Oracle, I'll take you at your word and consider the matter closed.

You understand, I hope, that I had to assume the worst here. You're a good guy and you're in your late 50s, a combat vet, and in my professional life I see guys like you get taken advantage of all the time. I mean, if Hound and Haw Haw had obtained your login info without your consent, the next question has to be "What else did they steal?". I'm glad that's not the case, and I'm glad we can put this behind us.

Return to “General”