Endless Unbiased Official Top 25

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Colytic
Site Admin

Re: Endless Unbiased Official Top 25

Postby Colytic » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:42 pm

MAXtheMASTER wrote:But you see Vicious, we have already met in 2v2, a few days ago - and my team won. So both in FFA, 3v3 and in 2v2 - I beat you.

The fact that you were unaware that it was me you were playing, only adds to the fun.

(cue protests: "You lost your fleet! It doesn't count!")

But it was clear during that game you had no idea how to play 2v2.

Your fleet at DEFCON 2:
https://i.imgur.com/ubPJrZW.png

'your fleet is sitting there?'
'yes...want me to push?'

Your 2v2 strategy:
https://i.imgur.com/2dTTm1z.png

We won by a total miracle. MAX, as I've said before, I'm a fan...but don't insult our intelligence.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:30 am

MAX on top of all this you don't even know it but you faced me in a 1v1 a few days ago. I baited you into it using a noob alias , i was "jimmy" i talked to u in pub chat acting all nooby and u told me we would 1v1 the next day. So you "left" the pub chat, i went to go wait in a 1v1 server still under alias and you saw me waiting there so u took the opportunity to see how good i was before our planned game the next day. The setup was AF - you vs me as Russia, this should be a victory for Africa 90-95% of the time, but no instead you got completely completely destroyed by me, it was like a Kud vs a noob type of bash. How do I know that it was you? Because before the match was over you rage quitted out after getting humiliated and I had a funny intuition that it was you, so since I was going to possibly warn whoever account that was for rage quitting I checked the IP and what do I see its a 100% match to yours, so don't even try and deny it wasn't. So please take a seat.

https://i.imgur.com/nl3xVUw.png

135 Russia - Africa 0

Mr.Megadeath
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Megadeath » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:35 am

DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:37 am

MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:41 am

Well, Vicious, congratulations! Of course you beat me in a 1v1 - I utterly suck in it and rarely ever play the format, so nothing new there.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:45 am

Don't play coy with me, you know you can't beat me straight up in any match, stick to your muppet FFA matches and leave the real game types to the big boys.

MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:49 am

1v1 is a bore - but by all means, keep playing it. The real Defcon is FFA, the action, the excitement, the bartering - and the deception, of which you too show talent!
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:55 am

blah blah blah circle talk circle talk same shit blah, like I said stick to FFA and don't mention my name again or ill have to put you in the negatives the next match I play you... which I don't think will be for a while because you don't want to be shamed again.
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:01 am

Well Vicious, you would beat me in most 1v1s. 99 per cent of them, even. Your problem is that I never claimed otherwise - quite to the contrary! Congratulations on your win, and may the best one win our next 3v3 (where you have scores to settle), 2v2 (same thing), or of course, hopefully an FFA (which you only dismiss because you consistently lose).
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:05 am

Both the 2v2 I lost and 3v3 I was the best person on the team ...so no scores to settle just need teammates who don't mess up.

And in that 2v2, Beni did quite well up to the part where he didn't hit the city I left for him, I ended that game with the most "points" btw... But enough talk, I do mine in game. I'll see ya when I see ya *in game*
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:10 am

How classy, blaming the teammates! Oh well, we'll see, Vicious: You are welcome to another FFA showdown any day - no teammates to blame (2v2), no burden to bear (3v3), apart from the occasional backstab, of course.

And a sincere cheers and congratulations to you on your obvious (in both senses) 1v1 win. May the rivalry continue!
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:14 am

well...yes I am blaming lol if i play amazing and do my part and my teammates don't carry their own weight it is their fault for the loss. Harsh? Maybe a little but the truth. I always carry my own weight in matches, and if I don't I'll take responsibility for a loss also but in those two specific games I was not the reason for the L. Facts are facts.
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:26 am

Well, at times it is possible to win even though one's teammates don't deliver:

(full screen: http://i60.tinypic.com/otf4sz.jpg)

But, my bantering aside. Honestly, Vicious: That was a really clever move, actually quite MAX the MASTER-like in its deception, and, I must admit, wholly deserved. Respect.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:20 am

Yes, good win. I was double teamed in the ATL during that match,glad we won though. I was quite deceptive with my "jimmy" character yes, once I saw you in pub chat I knew what I had to do to bait you in and once I finally had you in my crosshairs it was a headshot. Also, I will indulge to one of your FFA games this weekend. Maybe I'll try your tactic out to see how I'll do.
Noryb
level2
level2

Postby Noryb » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:31 am

My $0.02:

Alias/fake noob games, especially 1v1s, are not all that reliable for gauging skill. That said, if it was the only way to get him to play then it's the best data we have. And AF losing to RU in 1v1 is extremely pathetic.

As far as FFA being "real defcon" goes, I have to disagree. It's essentially a race to hit the big cities, and a player's territory has a huge impact on their chance of winning. SA is particularly disadvantaged. 2v2, 3v3 and (most) 1v1 matches are quite well balanced and are determined by the players' ability. As well as some luck. They are real defcon. FFA, diplo, trinity, etc are novelties. No shame in playing them, but they don't do a very good job of establishing a player's ability.

Return to “General”