Idea for Defcon 2

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Supreme Soviet
level1
level1

Idea for Defcon 2

Postby Supreme Soviet » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:22 pm

I think a good idea for defcon 2 would be to recreate the "WOPR" of wargames exactly. For example you could play a "grand campain" as either
USA or USSR, but could also run many other smaller scenarios including
China VS USSR(Chinese or Soviet 1st strike)
China VS USA(American or Chinese 1st strike)
China/USA VS USSR(Chinese/American 1st strike)
China/USSR VS USA(Chinese/Soviet 1st strike)
India VS Pakistan
Cuban missile crisis escalition(USSR first strike)
Cuban missile crisis esclation(USA first strike)
Israel VS Arab state(player choses Arab state)
European theatre-wide tactical nuclear esclation(USSR 1st strike)
European theatre-wide tactical nuclear esclation(NATO 1st strike)

I think this would be very fun, you could either play it yourself, or with a friend on the net, or hotseat(hotseat would work with the game starting on pause mode then players would issue their orders then unpausing the game and it would go into real time mode, the game would pause for orders every now and then(if on real-time mode(game not sped up) it would pause every 5 mins).

Or you could just run simulations of the war scenario's listed above and see how the computer thinks it would turn out(you would juat basicialy watch a nuclear war at any speed you wanted, also that's why I listed
the scenarios with certian nations striking first).

So, sound like a good idea for Defcon 2? I'd be MORE than willing to pay for this!
daset
level3
level3

Postby daset » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:35 pm

xander wrote:Why are you already trying to design a Defcon 2 (which, given IV's track record, will never happen, anyway) before Defcon has even been released? Why was it necessary to create a new thread for these ideas when you could have used this one? or this one? or this one?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:31 am

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

xander
Supreme Soviet
level1
level1

Postby Supreme Soviet » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:11 am

I was simply trying to state an idea as to how I think a possible "Defcon 2" would be good if Intervoersion were to make one.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:26 am

Dull. You would know precisely what the first move is. After that, it is just a normal game, at best.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:31 am

Supreme Soviet wrote:I was simply trying to state an idea as to how I think a possible "Defcon 2" would be good if Intervoersion were to make one.
Introversion do not make sequels. And for some reason unknown to me, people get EXTREMELY upset if someone puts forth the theoretical notion of one.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
sunshadow
level0

Postby sunshadow » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:47 pm

@Supreme Soviet
Just delete your post. That's what I did in my idea thread before.
New ideas are not wanted here... (but I like your ideas!)
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:47 pm

Well, usually because they have told people before not to do it, and it DOES get very fustrating saying the same thing over and over.
sunshadow
level0

Postby sunshadow » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:54 pm

Sorry, didn't know that!
I suggest to make a sticky thread with the topic "Don't post any ideas for Defcon".
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:06 am

It is not simply the fact that you are posting ideas for Defcon 2, but the fact that there are at least three other threads with the exact same purpose. Search the forums. Read a back a couple of weeks. Learn what people feel is appropriate. Lurk for a while. People here (okay, just me) get a bit pissed off when you make comments that are (1) reduandant and (2) not really appropriate to the general culture of the boards in the first place.

xander
Krytoss
level1
level1

Postby Krytoss » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:55 am

i wonder what michaelangelo would have done if he had a bunch of peasants beneath him while painting the sistine chapel yelling up suggestions. i've yet to see the sistine chapel, but if i ever can, i'll look to see if there are any strange paint splatters on the floor.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:53 pm

Krytoss wrote:i wonder what michaelangelo would have done if he had a bunch of peasants beneath him while painting the sistine chapel yelling up suggestions. i've yet to see the sistine chapel, but if i ever can, i'll look to see if there are any strange paint splatters on the floor.

d00d, lol, u should ttly make adam touch eves b00bies!!!1!!1!11!1!oneoneeleventyone

xander
Lord_Doskias
level4
level4

Postby Lord_Doskias » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:19 pm

bwahhah
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:46 pm

xander wrote:
Krytoss wrote:i wonder what michaelangelo would have done if he had a bunch of peasants beneath him while painting the sistine chapel yelling up suggestions. i've yet to see the sistine chapel, but if i ever can, i'll look to see if there are any strange paint splatters on the floor.

d00d, lol, u should ttly make adam touch eves b00bies!!!1!!1!11!1!oneoneeleventyone

xander

He'd be doomed to hell forever... Anyone know any churched which are being painted?
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:22 pm

No, but I know some Churches that are.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.

Return to “General”