DEFCON Information Center

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Zorotama
level5
level5

Re: DEFCON Information Center

Postby Zorotama » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Hey Sicilian, would be good if you find the links about the different ways to blind silos and a little story of this kind of research.

The first was ender's way, then hi there's way, then mrmot's way, than ace's way and finally laika's one.

Ender and hi there (aka zoro's dog aka hooru) had a geometrical vision, mrmot had an intuitive vision (nirvana style), whyle Ace and laika used an instrument.

edit: oh..I forgot to tell you about the advanced laika's way with another instrument: a second monitor.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Zorotama wrote:edit: oh..I forgot to tell you about the advanced laika's way with another instrument: a second monitor.

Laika's way is legit and the most in depth one I found with video guids. But if you want sure I can find all threads on Blind nuking and put them on page 1 of this thread.
VSj
level2
level2

Postby VSj » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:54 pm

Sicilian Hound wrote:
Zorotama wrote:edit: oh..I forgot to tell you about the advanced laika's way with another instrument: a second monitor.

Laika's way is legit

Probably not the way mentioned in that quote :D
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:16 pm

Not sure if I am following... :? The way Laika explains in video, and in text on the thread I have attached on this thread is legit. Not cheating with second screen.

@Zorotama
then hi there's way

Can you give me exact name so I can search post by that author.
then mrmot's way

Couldn't find Mrmots thread about blind nuking.

Edit:
I did not find Zoros to "in-depth", but he is right it is simple when you get right down to it. I will attach it in the Helpful thread section.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7832&hilit=Blind+Nuke

I have found a thread I think is really good on how to blind nuke, but its like reading a novel.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5191

There wasn't much else I could find, I didn't spend to much time digging deep in to the history caverns of the DEFCON sub-forums. So if anyone comes across something really useful please post the link here. :)
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:05 am

Sicilian, are you interested to the history of defcon or not? If no..don't make post about it. If yes..bring up your curiosity and search.
First: who "invented" the first way to blind nuke a silo?
Ender.
How? With the triangulation of AA. This way needs at least two fighters with different directions in the enemy silo range.
And then? Then Mrmot found the "buddha" way. He needs only one fighter to see the start of the AA (he can intel not the real position of the silo but a real small area for it). This means that he can nuke that area with an high percentage of being in the right target (this way needs great style, big experience and skill, skill, skill...and only Mrmot can use it efficently).
Then? Then Hi there (zoro's dog and hooru are different names for the same player!!) found the AA range way. He needs a fighter to provoke the AA fire...watching where the AA ends we can know without doubt where the silo is.
Then Ace Rimmer and finally Laika used a ruler based on Hi There's intuition.

Obviously Laika's way is legit..but when I talked about his other way (the "advanced" way) to blind a silo I obviously joked referring about his experience with double monitors, although it's a fact that he used a second monitor to blind silos, bases and navy (in the same times of his thread about his method).

Sicilian..wake up.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:02 pm

I came up with my thread after getting nuked by Mrmot and getting him to explain basic ideas (like constant AA impact / vanish distances + using a ruler). My way is Mrmot's way explained in details plus a how-to for adapting a plastic ruler.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:51 pm

Zorotama wrote:Sicilian, are you interested to the history of defcon or not? If no..don't make post about it. If yes..bring up your curiosity and search.
Had no intent about discussing or going in depth about this subject.
Sicilian Hound wrote:Laika's way is legit and the most in depth one I found with video guids. But if you want sure I can find all threads on Blind nuking and put them on page 1 of this thread.

@Zorotama
YOU asked me to find other threads, and things regarding Blind Nuking. My personal life atm doesn't allow me to devote to much time to it. If you don't like my work I put together on it? Then do it yourself Zoro.
Not trying to be a bitch but that got on my nerve you call me out on something I did for YOU. Sorry I am not perfect.

Laika_rus wrote:I came up with my thread after getting nuked by Mrmot and getting him to explain basic ideas (like constant AA impact / vanish distances + using a ruler). My way is Mrmot's way explained in details plus a how-to for adapting a plastic ruler.

Yes I find yours the most helpful among the rest of the Blind Nuke how to threads. The plastic ruler helps me a lot. I even blind nuked LHH silos not to long ago in a 2v2 with DTNC with your method.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:36 am

Sicilian Hound wrote:The plastic ruler helps me a lot. I even blind nuked LHH silos not to long ago in a 2v2 with DTNC with your method.

You would find more usefull a second monitor, or at least to let your account in a pro's hands.
Eral
level4
level4

Postby Eral » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:06 pm

Zorotama wrote:Ender and hi there (aka zoro's dog aka hooru) had a geometrical vision, mrmot had an intuitive vision (nirvana style)

You're not authorized and supposed to speak about the special hidden and philosophical technics of defcon. I thank you to remain in the muteness.

Edit: why do you bother with a rule when your finger can handle the world?

Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:50 am

Eral wrote:You're not authorized and supposed to speak about the special hidden and philosophical technics of defcon. I thank you to remain in the muteness.

Don't worry..they can't understand, MOR closed their ears!

Eral wrote:Edit: why do you bother with a rule when your finger can handle the world?

That's what I asked to them.

Edit: I love you
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:06 am

Laika_rus wrote:I came up with my thread after getting nuked by Mrmot and getting him to explain basic ideas (like constant AA impact / vanish distances + using a ruler). My way is Mrmot's way explained in details plus a how-to for adapting a plastic ruler.

Several folks used "intuition"; math/the constant impact point was Mrmot's great leap. My favorite was when he used the AA fire on an icbm to triangulate, though that was more old intuition and particularity of the setup.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:25 am

With recent events I am posting this information,

At the beginning of this thread.
Last edited by Siсiliаn Ноundd on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

MiniCom Back Up

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:59 pm

With Dedcon site down its only a matter of time before MiniCom site gos down... I have taken all downloads and text from the website and backed them on Google.Drive for the rest of the community to enjoy forever.

MiniCom Information:
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:03 am

history of defcon... Now that's a phrase that means somethingish
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Added sfcon recs to the first post.