Hello! A final message to you guys.

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Nukraine
level2
level2

Hello! A final message to you guys.

Postby Nukraine » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:55 am

Hello everyone! It's been such a long time since I've been involved at all with the Defcon community. I debated posting this message at all, since I doubt how many of you actually remember me, let alone care about what I have to say. But I'll post this as my ultimatum to make myself feel better, and because it seems like I do have a legitimate reason to finally post here.

If you don't care who I am: A long time ago, I was voted in as moderator of this community. I remain as moderator today, and I am posting this to give whoever is concerned/capable my permission to revoke this authority from me. I haven't done any moderating in years, and my power is completely wasted. It appears that you guys are having some internal problems, and if my powers can be reassigned, then please do it if it will help you in your governing of the community. I don't know if you can do this, and I don't know if it matters. I'm just putting this out there in case it helps. In case you have some moderator limit, or if you need my expressed permission, or something. Seriously, I don't know.

If you care who I am: It's great to see you guys again! I had a lot of fun times playing Defcon years ago, and I had a lot of fun getting to know all of you. I sincerely doubt I will ever be playing this game again, or if I will ever become involved in this community again. While I truly enjoyed playing Defcon and learning what felt like all there is to know, it really had a heavy impact on my life. It really was unhealthy for me for a while. My day was completely wrapped up into the world of Defcon. If I wasn't playing, I was spectating. According to Steam, I've logged 2,443 hours of Defcon, most of which spans about a year or two. That number still haunts me a bit.

The fact of the matter is that Defcon is such an awesome game. I still get the urge to play every once in a while. But I remember the process of me finally breaking away from Defcon being quite difficult and emotional for me. Because of this, I don't believe it is healthy or realistic for me to return to Defcon. I'm sorry if this all sounds dramatic, but I just want to be frank. Geeze, probably none of you care. I haven't played in such a long time anyway. I guess this message is very late. Oh well. Ultimately: I might still play again once in a while in the future, but I really doubt it.

If you are interested in connecting with me again, please do send me a message, or comment below, and we can stay in touch through some other medium. This may be the last time you guys can ever get in touch with me. I'll check back here quite a bit in the next few days. I will not actively pursue a relationship with any of you unless you are interested. I feel this would be unwarranted by me. That said, I really hope I can catch up with a few of you guys again! It's been an interesting few years to say the least.

Thanks for reading, and I wish you all the best! :D

-Nukraine
trickser
level5
level5

Re: Hello! A final message to you guys.

Postby trickser » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:24 am

Nukraine, I really liked you back then. Just my memories can't tell me why anymore, I will watch some recordings to refresh them. Hope you find what you are looking for.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:50 am

Hello Nukraine, try to jump here when you can..and don't feel bad for our troubles (the comunity still lives, also in the disarmony).

I will give you my email in pm, if you interested..maybe we can organize some friendly matches for old guys (I mean it's hard to find the right time to do it generally).

Ciao
Korean
level2
level2

Postby Korean » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Nukraine!
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:08 am

Nukraine,
Very sad to read this,as the last thing anybody wants is for players to leave. But you have your reasons. And I respect that. Those of us that remain will continue the fight.

"We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight on the forums, we shall fight on the dedicated servers and in public chat,new players shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in game, they will learn to play the game we all love, whatever the cost may be. The old guard players shall fight in the 2v2 servers,new pros will duel on 1v1 servers, and we shall fight in the diplomacy servers and on the 3v3 servers; we shall never surrender."

LHH
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:01 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:
"We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight on the forums, we shall fight on the dedicated servers and in public chat,new players shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in game, they will learn to play the game we all love, whatever the cost may be. The old guard players shall fight in the 2v2 servers,new pros will duel on 1v1 servers, and we shall fight in the diplomacy servers and on the 3v3 servers; we shall never surrender."

LHH

Damn. That's really good.
Eral
level4
level4

Postby Eral » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:16 am

Nice post. When do you come back?
henner
level0

Postby henner » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:45 pm

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:"We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight on the forums, we shall fight on the dedicated servers and in public chat,new players shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in game, they will learn to play the game we all love, whatever the cost may be. The old guard players shall fight in the 2v2 servers,new pros will duel on 1v1 servers, and we shall fight in the diplomacy servers and on the 3v3 servers; we shall never surrender."
LHH

Damn good LHH, when you read the words and think of Churchills´ speech....great.

Nukraine:

Wish you all the best! Really.
Having read that you have spent so many hours on Defcon...disturbing. Addictive.

All the best, Henner.
Little worm
level3
level3

Postby Little worm » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:54 pm

Hello,Nuki.Was pleasure and honour to know and play with such talented and friendly person like u.Wish u all the best.Urs Blackout.

Return to “General”