british forces weekneses

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

would the forces survive an full scale war?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:45 pm

yes
55%
no
45%

Total votes: 11
womba
level1
level1

british forces weekneses

Postby womba » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:45 pm

since this has been in the news recently .

I pose the question to if we where forced into world war 3 (with america ) and we had to take evassive action (send a full on navy air force army ) against russia or middile east would are navy an to small and full of old ships survive. Or are small old airforce and are chaotic army with lack of equipment and jaming rifiles would we survive ?
Deamon
level2
level2

Postby Deamon » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:55 pm

This makes as much sense as butter on jam.

But I'm gonna say 'Yes' if that means anything?
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:55 pm

English please.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Grandstone
level2
level2

Re: british forces weekneses

Postby Grandstone » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:24 pm

womba wrote:since this has been in the news recently .

I pose the question to if we where forced into world war 3 (with america ) and we had to take evassive action (send a full on navy air force army ) against russia or middile east would are navy an to small and full of old ships survive. Or are small old airforce and are chaotic army with lack of equipment and jaming rifiles would we survive ?

I'll attempt to translate that.

"If we (the United Kingdom) were forced into a third World War (fighting on the United States' side) and we had to send our navy, air force, and army against Russia or some Middle Eastern power, would our military be too small to survive, or would it be sufficient to win the war?"

I'm from the other side of the Atlantic, so I haven't heard anything about British military capabilities in the news, and I'm not a military expert, so I wouldn't dare answer such a question. From what I heard on the news, the British forces handled their job in Iraq fairly well at the start--but at the start the press looked favorably on the Iraq war. It didn't compare the British troops to the US ones, so I'd be completely at a loss thinking about this question.

In which world is "defending Britain/NATO or attacking Russia/the 'Middle East'" considered "evasive action"?
Last edited by Grandstone on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:43 pm

Deamon wrote:This makes as much sense as butter on jam.

But I'm gonna say 'Yes' if that means anything?

I'm quite quite patriotic so this pissed me off when i saw the title, lol :x , we can hold our own if something valuable depended on it, i.e. freedom etc. If it's just a political war then i don't think our goverment would be as concerned with supplying our armed forces whatever they might need...as i see the war in Iraq to be.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:29 am

I think the UK would do fine in a conventional war. The British military might have some weaknesses, but it is still almost certainly the second best military in the world (behind the US's larger better funded machine). The relatively small size of the UK has always been a weakness, but history has shown it is not a fatal weakness by any stretch.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:09 pm

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:I think the UK would do fine in a conventional war. The British military might have some weaknesses, but it is still almost certainly the second best military in the world (behind the US's larger better funded machine). The relatively small size of the UK has always been a weakness, but history has shown it is not a fatal weakness by any stretch.

Yup, i'll second that (obviously :roll: ), just like a game of defcon it's not how many assets you have but how well you use them :wink: strategy people, strategy!

*considers joining the forces again*
Deamon
level2
level2

Postby Deamon » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:50 pm

ooohhh ! Thats what this topic is about... k

Return to “Introversion Lounge”