Next stop: Armageddon

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Xocrates
level5
level5

Next stop: Armageddon

Postby Xocrates » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:57 pm

So, as you know, yesterday I hosted a series of games, and now is the time to make a report on them.

Obviously I don't remember every detail from every game, so I'll just make a few comments on each. But first,

Fun Facts:

Number of games: 7 (I played in 6)

Number of Players: 32

Total population: 4600

Total Deaths: 2905,9 (635,8 my doing)

Best continent: Russia with 3 wins out of 7 games

Worst continent: Africa with 0 wins out of 6 games

Bloodiest game: Game 6 with 77,3% Death ratio

Safest Game: Game 4 with 54,8 Survivor Ratio

Most violent player in a single game: Bonsai with 30,6% Kill Ratio on Game 3

My average position: 2/6

---

Game 1:

5 players, default rules and random territories.

Alliances are formed early on between me and N. Am and Asia and Russia, Europe joins us soon after.

However Europe freaks out due to some of my bombers heading for Russia and leaves the alliance. A poor move since that not only caused my bomber to be redirected to him as every other player nukes him to oblivion in the following minutes.

I'll have to admit I wasn't very fair in this game, since because N. Am dropped, I waited for the CPU to launch and then backstabbed it, giving me many of the points that gave me victory. I spent most of the rest of the game playing defence, and didn't even used my silos.

Game 2:

Ahhh... The challenge! Weps suggest a 3v3 with 200 pop and 38 cities, defection off. This turned out to be one of the most challenging games I've ever played.

I spent most of the time fighting Weps, giving a few hits on Africa as a sidedish and getting Cairo and other minor cities. I can't help but feel that I could have won this game if I diverted a bit from Weps and gone for New York.

Game 3:

Back to default rules and random territories. I considered heavily in sitting this one out as the previous battle had left me rather exhausted and it would be my third game on a row. Eventually I decided to play, but performed rather poorly.

I had placed most of my fleet on the atlantic, but as Russia and S. Am allied with me I tried to move it into the Indian and fight off Bonsai. Unfortunately I eventually failed at that and Bonsai pretty much dominated the whole game. The only target I truly had was India which as you can see was heavily defended and I was blind about it.

Game 4:

This time I sat this one out, and didn't watch most of it. A rather large battle emerged on the Atlantic that spanned most of the game.

I feel sorry for Bonsai in this game, because he truly had the best chances for winning. However the connection dropped him several times and after the third he didn't came back.

Game 5:

I don't really remember much of this game, so here's just the final screen.

Game 6:

My strategy in this game consisted in sending bombers from above Russia. I pretty much leveled most of Asia and had a few hits on Africa. As Shark launched, revealing his silos, I went and nuked pretty much every city on the eastern coast of Africa.

Game 7:

Ah! The last game. I must admit I was very close to go down in flames as I spent most of this game in last place and negative points.

In this game we did not went with random territories due to much insistence from Russia. So I waited last to pick, getting Africa.

This started going pretty much like Game 3. I placed most of my fleet in the Atlantic, only to realize that both S. Am and Asia were coming for me. I managed to fight off S. Am nicely but lost pretty much every bomber from my airfields, six subs and a few other ships, along with lots of fighters, in the Indian. However Asia drops, making my job slightly easier, but most of the battle had been fought anyway.

In this game only two of my subs managed to launch nukes, but were taken down immediately after.

I used whatever remaining forces I had, mostly bombers in carriers to take some hits on S. Am and New York. My Silos were used first to get Chicago, then a few Indian cities and finally both me and Russia went all out on N. Am, which never used his silos.

I still managed a good recovery, preventing me from going down in shame.

Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:51 pm

sorry I couldn't be there and dominate your asses. ;-)

Hey, whoever failed to produce ONE victory for Africa is a douche (jk).
Africa is the King of Massacre along with asia as far as Im concerned. Africa can murder anyone and anything anytime.

Return to “The Debriefing Room”