[2v2 Ladder] General: Season End: Congrats Team C!

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

[2v2 Ladder] General: Season End: Congrats Team C!

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:08 pm

This is my attempt to get a 2v2 pseudo tourney going. Below is how it will work, it will be based on very loose rules.

How teams will work

There will be teams made up of six (6) or more players. Each team will have a captain. Games will be scheduled by the teams themselves, there will be no set schedule. However, each team member must play in at least one game every eight (8) weeks or that team will have points removed from it's total (probably two points per week of non-activity after eight weeks). There will be no TI (eight weeks is pretty long).

Who plays for each team will be determined by the team and if there is a conflict between team members, the team captain gets the deciding vote. For example, if you have three players from team A that want to play and nobody wants to step aside, the captain can make the decision (assuming they're around). Otherwise, be mature. :wink: Team captains are determined by team members.

To sign up, just post and state which team you want to be on. Once teams are fixed, members may be traded and their individual stats will move with them, but not the points they've earned for the team (team points will not change). If at any point there are enough active players for a new team/s, those players will be automatically drafted to the new.

Stats will be kept for each team and each team member.

How scoring will work

Combined score of both team mates, not position, will determine the winners. Each win is worth five (5) points, draw is two (2) points per team, loss zero (0) points. If a team captain is playing and that team wins, one (1) extra bonus point is awarded. Conversely, if a team captain is playing and that team loses, negative one point (-1). Just for giggles.

There is no limit to the number of games that can be played, so if possible, three games of A vs B could be played at the same time and one after another.

Game settings

Code: Select all

Cities     Win   Draw   Loss
Default     5      2      0
Random      6      3      0

Miscellaneous rules

Drops from a game require a restart if before Defcon 3, up to the players if after (majority vote). That means if you have technical problems, make sure you fix them before playing :wink:. Screen shots must be provided for results to count.

Team names are up to the players and team members are up to the players. Teams must have a minimum of six players, but for the sake of competition, don't load up skilled players on one team. :wink:

More rules may be included later.

Prizes

There will be a prize for the best team and best team member (not necessarily on the "best team") to be determined. Realistic suggestions welcome.

Teams
The A Team
  1. |l||ll||l||lll|
  2. Ace Rimmer: Captain
  3. home in alaska (Edward)
  4. i suck (StockJockey)
  5. Mr Krinkle
  6. rus|Mike
  7. sfericz
  8. [SS]V 1 C 1 0 U S
  9. 47
The Seven Samurai
  1. Gulidar
  2. iRadiated
  3. Mrmot
  4. Mogwai
  5. Mojo
  6. (MOR): Captain
  7. NZ Army
Team INFECTION
  1. Eral
  2. Forest Krunk
  3. Forever Young
  4. I am Legion
  5. Pwnbroker
  6. renholder
  7. tllotpfkamvpe
  8. trickser (Senator)
  9. wesgould/BATTLETRON: Captain
  10. Why?
  11. wu.j China
  12. Zorotama

By posting below and joining up, you agree to the conditions above and can not complain about them later. :P If you have a problem with the rules, give an alternative solution and it will be considered.
Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:35 pm, edited 58 times in total.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:16 pm

I'm in the team of Ace Rimmer or I'm not playing at all :P
ynbniar
level5
level5

Re: 2v2 Ladder

Postby ynbniar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:19 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Otherwise, be mature. :wink:

That makes me laugh... :lol:

IN
Gulidar
level4
level4

Postby Gulidar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:21 pm

In

And i think that people should be divided into teams by random d2 dice rolls.
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:40 pm

Perhaps if the teams are completely one sided, otherwise I want to give people free will as much as possible especially as those will be the people they'll be on teams with. :wink:

Also, neither one of you stated which team. :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Shouldn't we rename "Team A" into "A Team", by the way? :D
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:11 pm

IN and id rather be on Team B :roll:
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:43 pm

Well since I'm probably the lowest ranked player and I've never played 2v2 I'll not join a team yet...I can be the make weight :wink:
Mojo
level2
level2

Postby Mojo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:01 pm

I'm in :) So Hyp, will be in team B ? :wink: I propose to be survivor the game mode. In that way the tactic skills of the team will count more than a simple rush for points.
Last edited by Mojo on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
v o i d
level2
level2

Postby v o i d » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:02 pm

I'd join with a friend, but only if we can form our own two player team. Having two or three big teams with random player combinations just isn't appealing to us.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Some sort of IN without actually saying IN....wait, crap....
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:29 pm

v o i d wrote:I'd join with a friend, but only if we can form our own two player team. Having two or three big teams with random player combination just isn't appealing to us.

The reason for the big teams stems from the fact that having only two player teams means nothing will ever happen, ever.

If you and your friend join a team together, you can still play together. Nothing to stop you. Plus, you'll have a bigger pool to grab players from another team to play against.

Plus all around.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Gulidar
level4
level4

Postby Gulidar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:40 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Also, neither one of you stated which team. :P

Well, its because i think there must be random chosing. Well, anyway, i can do it for myself.

Okay, im rolling a d2.

Well... im in team A.
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
Mojo
level2
level2

Postby Mojo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:06 pm

I am in B! :P
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:25 pm

I'm in! :)

My dream team would include Sfericz, Forrest Krunk, BATTLETRON, Wu.j China, Edward, Shai Hulud and Tsar Bomba; if they're up for it. (2vs2 All-Stars, in case you didn't know.)

@Mojo: The scoring mode doesn't affect the gameplay, because the teams are even and the scores are combined. It's just like 1vs1. The same people win whether it's scored with survivor or default. It's just a matter of preference, and I don't care either way.

Return to “General”