middle mouse button/wheel err

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

Lord_Doskias
level4
level4

middle mouse button/wheel err

Postby Lord_Doskias » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:19 pm

i dont have a mouse wheel, so i thought id use my middle mouse button. it zooms in, but not out. and it doesnt even stay zoomed in so i cant even see the higher cliff areas properly because i cant zoom in or out
Soulkeeper
level3
level3

Postby Soulkeeper » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:27 pm

Looks like you'll be forking out for a scrollwheel mouse, my friend. I doubt IV will be too willing to change such a thing. They'll prob just put 'Mouse with scrollwheel function' as one of the minimum requirements.
- I see your destiny, I control your fate. I am the Guardian Soulkeeper. -
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:30 pm

But a keyboard combo for the height function wouldn't be too difficult to achieve, I'd imagine. Something like Ctrl+W/S or Up/Down would work just as well as the mouse wheel.
film11
level3
level3

Postby film11 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:43 pm

This game is EXTREMELY like black & white (interface wise) except IMO darwinia has better controls. Though I think IV may want to adapt it so people without scrollwheel can play the game effectively like in B&W. Shift + Up/Down etc.
Dominator
level2
level2

Postby Dominator » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:31 am

the zoom in and out works on my mouse but the scroll up and down doesnt
I never could get the hang of Thursdays
UGHQ_DoubleG
level1
level1

Postby UGHQ_DoubleG » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:11 am

R and F would be good key choices. Or for people who use the arrow keys, Page Up and Page Down.
Lord_Doskias
level4
level4

Postby Lord_Doskias » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:42 am

its not supposed to stay zoomed in or out, is it? because it would be nice if it would as it doesnt on my computer
Slayer
level2
level2

Postby Slayer » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:43 pm

Holding the middle mouse button causes the view to zoom in only as long as you hold the button. Scrolling the mouse wheel moves the camera up and down. There has been a little confusion about this, so hopefully this will answer a few of the questions above.
A different game, a second coming...
Mouse
level1
level1

Postby Mouse » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:58 pm

I've found with the wheel for up/down and the WASD keys for movement I can get arround reall easy - no need for any zoom function at all
IceHunter
level0

Postby IceHunter » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:09 pm

So what does "Sorry, but only can reply to posts in this forum" mean?

Looks like you'll be forking out for a scrollwheel mouse, my friend. I doubt IV will be too willing to change such a thing. They'll prob just put 'Mouse with scrollwheel function' as one of the minimum requirements.

Did it ever occur to you what we MIGHT NOT WANT A MOUSEWHEEL!? I don't want such a shitty thing, though its getting hard and hard to get real 3 button mice.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:25 pm

IceHunter wrote:So what does "Sorry, but only can reply to posts in this forum" mean?

Did it ever occur to you what we MIGHT NOT WANT A MOUSEWHEEL!? I don't want such a shitty thing, though its getting hard and hard to get real 3 button mice.

The first is a phpBB error message. Its missing the line 'logged in users' between 'only' and 'can'.

As for this topic. You just bumped a topic thats over a year old. Thats a bad thing to do on any internet forum, let alone here.

As for a mousewheel, its not a 'shitty thing', a mousewheel is also a third mouse button, and can do extra things like scroll and weapon changes. "proper" 3-button mice are about as ancient as mice with balls.

NeoThermic
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:36 pm

What's more, there is no relevant issue in this ancient topic made several months before the game was released - you can use Q and E instead of a scroll wheel.

Return to “Windows Issues”